Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tips for Cheltenham?

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkhill and Ballyandy decent winners for me Today and very pleasing too. I have hardly had a bet during the winter but have concentrated on Cheltenham and its all going well so far. Ballyandy was never in doubt:angel: For once, STD did me a favour:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016_1690_0.jpg
    2016_1690_0.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 449

Jul 7, 2003
Good start on Tuesday followed by my usual dreadful Wednesday - there is just something about the Wednesday races that seem to jinx my selections. I've hardly had a pick up on day 2 for many a year. Anyway, here are my TV selections for tomorrow (subject to the usual last minute change of mind to later be regretted!):

1:30 - Garde La Victoire
2:10 - Missed Approach / Oscar Sam (e/w)
2:50 – Village Vic (e/w)
3:30 – Thistlecrack
4:10 – Stilletto

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Here's my lot Today.

JLT - I like Garde La Victoire at 4/1. Swerved Douvan to come here and the ground has come right for him.

Pertemps - Saddlers Encore 18/1 B365 EW 5 places. A good win at Sandown last time and another who will like the going. What a horrible looking punting race and not a big steak.

Ryanair, Stayers and Mares - have had a mug treble on the favs
icon_redface.gif

The Plate - Fingal Bay has had a decent season without winning and has blinkers on Today which may make a difference. He won one of the handicaps two years ago and the better ground will help him. 10/1 EW 5 places b365.

Kim Muir - on Causes Of Causes at 14/1 a few weeks ago and have used one of Skybets free £25 on Doctor Harper at 5/1. I really like CoC though as he did me a favour last year.

Looks like a Hobbs day
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif
I've had small EW treble and doubles
icon_redface.gif

Good luck
icon_biggrin.gif

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1:30 - Garde La Victoire at 7/2 with Skybet (but free bet if it doesn't win), although I have a nasty feeling Outlander might just pip him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
£2.84 profit yesterday putting over the £3 mark so far this week. All from the 60p of dregs in my 365 account.

Today most of my £7.50 balance (I topped up with a bet on the draw in the Man City game) is going on:

1:30 - Outlander - win

2:10 - Cup Final - e/w

2.50 - Taquin du Seuil - e/w

3:30 - Thistlecrack - win

4:10 - John's Spirit - win

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Day 2 same as the 1st , total disaster , 1 winner Sprinter Sacre from my yesterday list and was the one i did not put a penny on . :ffsparr:

So Day 1 - £22.81p
Day 2 -£18.00p

Day 3 Tips :rolleyes:

Black Hercules @5s £2 win ****
Oscar Sam @25s £1 E/W
Road To Riches N/B
Whisper £2 E/W @12s ****
Niceonefrankie £3 E/W @16s ****
Chocca Wocca N/B
The Giant Bolster £2 E/W ****

Plus a 10p Lucky 15 on **** horses

Outlay £21
Returns , anything would be nice frankly

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Today's no hopes:

1.30 Outlander e/w
2.10 Oscar Sam *
2.50 Al Ferof e/w
3.30 Alpha Des Obeaux e/w
4.10 Fingal Bay *
4.50 Tara Flow*
5.30 Perfect Candidate*

*e/w lucky 15

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
A bit late today, but here are my selections for today.

2.50 Taquin Du Seuil
3.50 Whisper
4.10 Niceonefrankie
4.50 Tea in Transvaal
5.30 Doctor Harper

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
SkyBet.png

I was getting more than a little excited as Splash of Ginge lead the first circuit of the last - but I probably shouldn't have been that ambitious! Still, £33 up for the day is never a bad result :drink:

Now just need to decide which horse I should use to give it all back to SkyBet tomorrow.....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Betfair.

Get Cue Card at enhanced odds of 30/1 (from 4/1) to win the Gold Cup on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival. Max Stake £5. If he doesn't win we'll give you your stake back as a free bet. As an added bonus you will also receive our £100 bet bundle.

T&C's Apply - Click to sign up now - http://btfr.co/fbfpdccard6

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Cause Of Causes & the mug treble did me proud Today. £150 treble after a few beers yesterday paid over a grand and CoC was £25 @ 14/1 with Ladbrokes a few weeks ago which is worth double that as they are twats of the highest order:smile:

It has been a great week so far and if Don Poli wins the Gold Cup I will be pissed until the next festival:angel:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Looks a tricky day
icon_eek.gif

Triumph - I'm on Gibalfaro at 12s but he's 25s now after a disappointing run last time and have had a stab on Ivanovich Gorbatov who should like the going and could be anything from useless to superstar and he's drifted to 6s now. Not that confident though.

County - this should be the last race
icon_twisted.gif
26 runners 7/1 the field, where do you start? I shall go with Starchitect for Pipe and Scudamore who came second in the Betfair hurdle at Newbury which is starting to work out well with the 3rd winning the Imperial on Saturday and four of the other runners have been placed in good races since. A 6lb rise seems fair. He was 4th in the Fred Winter last year so has important festival experience. The stable like a winner here and know how to get them ready. 12/1 generally.

Albert Bartlett - Barters Hill is the best horse on the race for me and will be plundering all my free bets with Corals on it. I'm also having a few quid on Unowhatimeanharry who is the highest on official ratings who has rattled off wins on the spin including here and he definitely stays. 14/1.

Gold Cup - I make no secret that Don Poli has been my fancy for this since he won the RSA and I backed him last March at 7 and 8, then again at 12/1 after he ran poorly at Punchestown and have been putting a few quid here and there on Betfair all the time and he will be my biggest winning bet if he wins. I can see him lobbing around at the back, coming on and off the bridle before picking up down the hill and smashing them up like Cause Of Causes did in the Kim Muir yesterday.....then I woke up
icon_biggrin.gif

Foxhunters - Pendleton better not fall off before the tapes go up as I have 4/1 about her starting the race, thank you Corals
icon_lol.gif
As for the race, On The Fringe will probably win, not too far hopefully.

Pipey - no thanks.

Grand Annual - looks a weak race really and I'm going to take a big chance on Eastlake for the Jonjo / JP operation - his last P in the form = positive
icon_lol.gif
12/1.

Good luck
icon_biggrin.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here