Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time To Show Who's Boss

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Both teams will set up 6 or 7 at the back and try to frustrate us so we need to start quickly and get an early goal to stop them

Most definitely this.

Teams that come to Amex to sit back and defend play to our strengths rather than exposing our weaknesses. Thankfully.

Tell that to Cardiff who very nearly pulled it off, if not for a moment of brilliance. We could have very easily been a goal down at HT in that game also.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I didn't want to say when we last had a good game for fear of retribution, but it does seem Norwich was the last one. I will get shouted down now.

You'll get support from me. Wouldn't it be nice if we were to go on a stunning run of form, and a run of stunning form for, say, 17 games?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am becoming quite philosophical about this between games ( not during them obviously!) but if we can't kick on from here and make the top two we don't deserve to go up :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everyone else in the mix will be expecting us to win those matches, just as we expect our rivals to win their games v QPR and Cardiff.
Better than 3/1 on them both winning if you want to print money.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we can just replicate the last three months of last season, I reckon we should be fine - we're starting from a better place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't want to say when we last had a good game for fear of retribution, but it does seem Norwich was the last one. I will get shouted down now.
Some of the games have been really tough and we've scraped through, or dropped points. But football tends to be like that, it's rarely a trouble free cruise, and I don't understand how you can say our victories over Leeds and QPR weren't good.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we can just replicate the last three months of last season
We were brilliant for the last 3 months of last season, so no pressure then.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think I am now at the point of ultra cautious about our run in. I tend to think a lot about last season and those 2016 months where we literally destroyed everyone after Cardiff and whether we can repeat that. I'm hedging my bets within my head so as not to be disappointed if it doesn't come off, although I know I would be more than disappointed, it'd be like losing your best loved pet. Can't win really.

Well, think about it then that this team have already proved they can cope with the pressure of a run-in, already proved that they can keep winning and playing well in the final stages of a season. This isn't new to them.

Our last 17 games last year saw 9 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat. 33 points, if we repeated would see us with 94 points, probably 5 or so points more than we need.

Is fun, its exciting, enjoy. Its just a game after all ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, think about it then that this team have already proved they can cope with the pressure of a run-in, already proved that they can keep winning and playing well in the final stages of a season. This isn't new to them.

Our last 17 games last year saw 9 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat. 33 points, if we repeated would see us with 94 points, probably 5 or so points more than we need.

That it is, these are great days and even if we do go up unlikely to get much better than last season and this one so far. We need to enjoy NOW.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We need to start games on the front foot more often as we seem way to slow out the blocks....we set up to hold sides til half time and look to nick it in the 2nd half especially away from home.

Yesterday we was slow and shite in the first half but massively improved thanks to putting on the right players that can actually run with pace and can score goals.

Long way to go but it's in our hands :)

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Some on NSC are saying that we were brilliant the last 3 months of last season.IMO we came last in the race....we failed ! I want that bar raised this season.,.....and praise a winning team !!!!

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
The truth is we have been a bit lucky with our results in the last ten games but this means we have the best chance of promotion ever. Our run in seems a bit better than our rivals too. Our next 5 matches in February (4 at home including Reading and Newcastle) will be massive and I can see us getting four wins. With the other teams at the top having tough games and playing each other, we can be assured of remaining in the top two regardless of our form in the next five games but also we could create a huge lead.

Incidentally, in 8 games from March to mid-April, Newcastle have to play all four of the current play off teams (Hudds away, Leeds home, Reading away and Sheff Wednesday away) and that isn't even counting us who they play just before. So depending on our position we may want them to take points away from those teams. Leeds also have Reading home on 1st April and Sheffield Wednesday away in February. Reading have all 5 of the teams to play up til april 1st too in just 9 matches they have 5 against direct competitors and they are all away apart from Leeds in the match just mentioned. Huddersfield only have Reading soon and Newcastle in early March and both at home.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Are you sure?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Haven't read whole thread but fwiw my view is that our success has been built on good partnerships: Bruno and knocky; Stephens and kayal; Murray/hemed and baldock; Duffy and dunk; being the key ones in 2016. Weve had little of that of late so let's hope we get back to it soon.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Are you sure?

well now you mention it...... :blush:

10 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat. 36 points if we repeated would see us with 97 points, and laughing all the way to the bar

Hell 8-5-4 gets us to 90 points. Where's the champagne?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some on NSC are saying that we were brilliant the last 3 months of last season.IMO we came last in the race....we failed ! I want that bar raised this season.,.....and praise a winning team !!!!
We were brilliant at the end of last season. Our last 17 games last year saw 10 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat. 36 points - Championship winning form. We had some catching up to do in one of the highest point-scoring ever Championship race, and darned nearly made it!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We were brilliant at the end of last season. Our last 17 games last year saw 10 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat. 36 points - Championship winning form. We had some catching up to do in one of the highest point-scoring ever Championship race, and darned nearly made it!
.....But i totally agree with you.However we won .......nothing !Lets win something and raise the roof .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here