Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to do a deal with Chelsea

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Plz can Chelsea plastics stop using our message board.

Signed, every Brighton fan

Dunno if I see them as "Chelsea" plastics. If Chelsea don't get into Europe next season they'll probably (d)evolve into Man U plastics.

On Sanchez, I really liked him, shame he's turned out to be a cock.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He gives the impression of a drugged up hippie, which doesn’t give you much confidence, especially when he makes the odd careless mistake. Shame - with a better attitude he might have got his place back and improved his international prospects.
As it is he is looking down the food chain at Chelsea.
Thank God it wasn't just me. That Joe cool act was pretty annoying

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The club, via RDZ, said that Sanchez had asked to be left out of the squad, it was reported widely that was what happened. If that wasn't true you'd have expected Sanchez or his representatives to put something out in the media themselves.

He left us with a rookie goalkeeper on the bench for a tough run when we were on the verge of achieving something beyond our wildest dreams even a few seasons ago. It showed a lack of support for Jason Steele, who had been number 2 for a long time and was willing to bide his time, train hard and support the number 1 goal keeper. That is unforgivable and also shows a lack of respect for the club, his team mates and our fans as well.

It happened after the Everton game, to most people it looks like Sanchez saw this as his chance to get back into the team and when it was clear Steele was still going to be picked for the next game that's when he made the request. How can anyone not think this is a massive sulk and a clear case of sour grapes on Sanchez part.
Obviously some people take a different view. :shrug:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So what do we reckon we’ll get for Sanchez.
My guess is something like £15m
Think we should take whatever we can get and close the book on this whole sorry affair.

Unless he has some sudden epiphany, maybe a visit from goalies past, present and future, that makes him want to fight for his place, he's never going to play for us again.

Better to get rid and get his wages off our books.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, as others have said, it was widely reported why Sanchez was asked not to travel, ie he refused to sit on the bench as advised by RDZ. You seem so keen to defend Sanchez and claim not to 'judge' him yet you're quite happy to demean RDZ with you comment about 'the messiah' and suggesting he has a ruthless streak.

I'm starting to think that big Rob might by your lovechild from an imprudent night of passion on a lads weekend away in Cartagena!!!
Incorrect - do not have a lovechild, just children I love dearly..

Some people see the Sanchez saga in a less judgemetal way than others. :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think we should take whatever we can get and close the book on this whole sorry affair.

Unless he has some sudden epiphany, maybe a visit from goalies past, present and future, that makes him want to fight for his place, he's never going to play for us again.

Better to get rid and get his wages off our books.

That’s the plan, his distribution is awful.

RDZ teams are built on quality passing from the back, every time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So what do we reckon we’ll get for Sanchez.
My guess is something like £15m
I think it'll be 15m absolute tops but more like 8-10m maybe even less.

We're not in a strong position with him. He's effectively third choice at best now and wants out. It's unlikely he's going to play for us again so is just sitting in the stands/his sofa eating up a wage.

It's a shame because he's a decent keeper that's nowhere near half as bad as some are now making out but there's not much we can do about it. Take the money and get him off the books.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Incorrect - do not have a lovechild, just children I love dearly..

Some people see the Sanchez saga in a less judgemetal way than others. :shrug:
But whilst you're not prepared to judge Sanchez despite the widely reported reasons for him not traveling, you are prepared to judge RDZ.

My view is that Sanchez is a very good goalkeeper but he has shot himself in the foot with his reaction to being dropped. That's either due to his arrogance or that he's been very poorly advised!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But whilst you're not prepared to judge Sanchez despite the widely reported reasons for him not traveling, you are prepared to judge RDZ.

My view is that Sanchez is a very good goalkeeper but he has shot himself in the foot with his reaction to being dropped. That's either due to his arrogance or that he's been very poorly advised!
My view is that Sanchez is not a very good goalkeeper, merely a competent one, but yes he has shot himself in the foot massively with a howitzer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Decent deal now off - Colwill has signed a six year deal with Chelsea. Shame. It's £100M or bust now then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here