• Yes, yes

Votes: 65 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 169 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Plenty. When a bunch of NATO nations go to bomb some poor country somewhere to take control over their country and steal whatever they have, it is still NATO regardless if they leave the NATO flag at home or not.

Even if you would be tricked (and you are because you want to be) by this very clever "leave the flag at home", you could argue that Kosovo, Libya and Afghanistan wars were started by NATO. Now you're probably going to tell me the following justifying arguments;
"Slobodan Milosevic was murdering lots of people in Kosovo" which sounds quite a bit like "the Ukrainian army in Donbas murdered thousands of Russians"
or
"There was a civil war in Libya and NATO had to intervene" which sounds quite a bit like "there was a civil war in Donbas"
or
"There were extremists in Afghanistan!" which sounds quite a bit like "we are going to denazify Ukraine".

The reason why you accept and believe NATO's reasoning but call Putin a psychopatic liar is because they are the heroes in the Hollywood movies you watch while the Russians are the bad guys. The US defense and weapons industry are not pouring in hundreds of million dollars into Hollywood to make you have some good scenes with Bruce Willis, they do it so that the Western world will applaud the next time its time to bomb the shit out of some poor country somewhere - NATO flag or not.

So you see people getting murdered, attacked raped etc but turn your back because nobody should help them?
There is such a thing as a just war.

I say again, NATO have never instigated or started a conflict. I question our government a lot, which is why I am calling out all the lies of Brexit etc but I have worked with NATO so I know the aims.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Plenty. When a bunch of NATO nations go to bomb some poor country somewhere to take control over their country and steal whatever they have, it is still NATO regardless if they leave the NATO flag at home or not.

Even if you would be tricked (and you are because you want to be) by this very clever "leave the flag at home", you could argue that Kosovo, Libya and Afghanistan wars were started by NATO. Now you're probably going to tell me the following justifying arguments;
"Slobodan Milosevic was murdering lots of people in Kosovo" which sounds quite a bit like "the Ukrainian army in Donbas murdered thousands of Russians"
or
"There was a civil war in Libya and NATO had to intervene" which sounds quite a bit like "there was a civil war in Donbas"
or
"There were extremists in Afghanistan!" which sounds quite a bit like "we are going to denazify Ukraine".

The reason why you accept and believe NATO's reasoning but call Putin a psychopatic liar is because they are the heroes in the Hollywood movies you watch while the Russians are the bad guys. The US defense and weapons industry are not pouring in hundreds of million dollars into Hollywood to make you have some good scenes with Bruce Willis, they do it so that the Western world will applaud the next time its time to bomb the shit out of some poor country somewhere - NATO flag or not.

Conspiracy Nut Bingo. Eyes down!

Assuming they have more knowledge than others - check

Completely misunderstanding the subject - check

Using weak assumptions as a foundation to build an argument - check

Everyone else is a gullible fool - check

Claiming the bad guys are the good guys and vice versa - check

Failing to correctly analyse events that are unfolding in front of them “it can’t be real” - check

Ignoring or mocking reasoned opinion and debate that raises questions about the conspiracy theory - check

Generally acting like a bit of a 6th form dingus - check

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Conspiracy Nut Bingo. Eyes down!

Assuming they have more knowledge than others - check

You'd never.
Completely misunderstanding the subject - check
The discussion has been quite coherent I think its not always easy to follow all the sidethreads, you know so I've might have missed something (in my next life I'll be as perfect as you, I promise)
Using weak assumptions as a foundation to build an argument - check

No one is forcing you.
Everyone else is a gullible fool - check

Is it much different to "everyone who doesnt share my perspetive is a nut"?

Claiming the bad guys are the good guys and vice versa - check
Nope. Good guys = you and me, bad guys = oligarchs and their agents.

Failing to correctly analyse events that are unfolding in front of them “it can’t be real” - check

We have different analyses. This is you - to quote yourself - "assuming they (you) have more knowledge than others"

Ignoring or mocking reasoned opinion and debate that raises questions about the conspiracy theory - check
Ignoring what? As for mocking, what do you think this is?

Generally acting like a bit of a 6th form dingus - check.
You yourself is really not as pleasant and kind as you percieve yourself to be. I suppose that makes you the 7th dingus, what the hell that even is.

In summary, don't buy a mirror because you might not like what you see. Its like a Stat Brother copy, thinking that being condescending and "funny" makes you look very intelligent. It doesnt.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
So you see people getting murdered, attacked raped etc but turn your back because nobody should help them?
There is such a thing as a just war.

I say again, NATO have never instigated or started a conflict. I question our government a lot, which is why I am calling out all the lies of Brexit etc but I have worked with NATO so I know the aims.

Swansman has a very bizarre world view . Maybe he’s a communist in disguise , I don’t know . Most sane people fully acknowledge that Europe should be helping Ukraine in its hour of need .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You'd never.

The discussion has been quite coherent I think its not always easy to follow all the sidethreads, you know so I've might have missed something (in my next life I'll be as perfect as you, I promise)

No one is forcing you.

Is it much different to "everyone who doesnt share my perspetive is a nut"?

Nope. Good guys = you and me, bad guys = oligarchs and their agents.

We have different analyses. This is you - to quote yourself - "assuming they (you) have more knowledge than others"

Ignoring what? As for mocking, what do you think this is?

You yourself is really not as pleasant and kind as you percieve yourself to be. I suppose that makes you the 7th dingus, what the hell that even is.

In summary, dont buy a mirror because you might not like what you see.

Habitually turns every argument back at the other person without addressing the issue - check.

Joking aside, we all had a little of the CT but in us at your age. Good news is, you’ll grow up and grow out of it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Habitually turns every argument back at the other person without addressing the issue - check.

I adressed every single word of your post, I believe. Feel free to fill me in on anything I missed and I'll gladly you give you answers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think this thread has reached its inevitable conclusion, isn't it? ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I adressed every single word of your post, I believe. Feel free to fill me in on anything I missed and I'll gladly you give you answers.

I honestly don’t think I could hear another silly answer from you, so you’re okay on that.

As for me thinking I am nice or kind? I don’t claim that and never have. I’m honest.

You’ll learn.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Broke my foot this weekend when I started sleepwalking on my way home from a party.

However, I'll tell the chicks I was fighting a lion.

Ah, nothing too major - I broke mine a few years ago, jumping out of bed to answer the phone. It wasn't even an important call, either.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ah, nothing too major - I broke mine a few years ago, jumping out of bed to answer the phone. It wasn't even an important call, either.

Nah not too bad, I'll be up and running in a couple of weeks.

Yeah it seems easy to **** em up... sensitive, ugly things (but in their defense they're quite useful).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Broke my foot this weekend when I started sleepwalking on my way home from a party.

LOL - LOL

There are some posts from you where I do truly envy the reality that you live in - And I say this partly tongue in cheek but partly is seriousness

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
LOL - LOL

There are some posts from you where I do truly envy the reality that you live in - And I say this partly tongue in cheek but partly is seriousness

Well, not sure it is too much to be envious about - I think (most of) my weekdays are probably below average entertainment-wise, but yeah I think probably a lot of people would benefit from living my weekends.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

In the mid-90s there was a spate of aggressive badgers in the area of the Amex. I knew of a guy on the university campus who drunkenly taped Ryvita to his ankles before walking home one night because it was rumoured badgers would stop biting ankles only once they heard the sound of a bone breaking.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
In the mid-90s there was a spate of aggressive badgers in the area of the Amex. I knew of a guy on the university campus who drunkenly taped Ryvita to his ankles before walking home one night because it was rumoured badgers would stop biting ankles only once they heard the sound of a bone breaking.

:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here