Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time To Change The Management Team?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
All the euphoria about Falmer has masked the plight our team is in the league. We are in the bottom three and apart from the Palace match we are looking like a relegation side.

The team spirit has gone to the wall with the latest signings. It would seem that for the first time since before Micky Adams was here there are cliques in the team. Mark McGhee has to take responsibility for that, as they are his signings. The team certainly doesn't pull together anymore.

I was surprised to learn that with Tuesday's massive game (just as important as the Palace game) on the horizon the team didn't train on Sunday. Let's hope that that doesn't prove to be a costly mistake. It is vital that we get three points. Anything else is not an option.

Is it time for a change of manager before we become entrenched in the bottom three? It's no good having a new man in later in the season as it seldom has the desired effect. If there isn't a change soon we may as well keep McGhee and his staff for the rest of the season, however badly we fare.

Will the fans be content if we are relegated because it looks more of a reality than it did at this time last season? There is no Rotherham there and the two teams below us are in a false position. I can't see either of them being there at the end of the season.

Maybe it's time to get somebody in of the calibre of John Gregory? He would certainly reintroduce some discipline and give the team some backbone.

If a new manager were to be introduced should Dick Knight once again stop him from bringing his own support? Are the present assistants and coaches going stale?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
That is priceless. :smokin:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If that's a wind up, it's a piss poor one, didn't even smile once :rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Has Ernest got a new nom de plume and a slightly different angle?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't think McGhee should go but i do think things on the pitch need closer scrutiny now - no more letting the lads get away with cr@p performances.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
I don't think McGhee should go but i do think things on the pitch need closer scrutiny now - no more letting the lads get away with cr@p performances.

I haven't seen one yet although I didn't get to the Shrewsbury game.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
boringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
as long as we survive yes im happy,its where we finish and as long as its not relagation:clap: ,dont care how we do it,and mm the man to help us do it

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm leave it to Ernest.

He KNOWS what he is talking about.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
I haven't seen one yet although I didn't get to the Shrewsbury game.

Wed, Cardiff, Burnley, Second half on sat was not the best, Shrewsbury, Norwich and Coventry was not to smart.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Wed, Cardiff, Burnley, Second half on sat was not the best, Shrewsbury, Norwich and Coventry was not to smart.

I don't think they were bad performances.
To me a bad performance is when the players go out there and can't be bothered. I haven't seen that. Each player has tried hard. It may not have been good enough but they have tried.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He does have a point though..albeit extreme..LOL...

this current form is relegation fodder. We really do need a change of luck or a change of tactics or something.

its all very well MM coming on the radio and saying we played well etc etc when we draw or lose. The facts are we have won 2 games this season.

I cant see an easy game on the horizon at the moment. Derby is probably the only game in the next few weeks that I would expect us to win.

I know peole say " I would take a point from Wolves etc " but we need more than 1 point at the moment. I cant see us getting anything from Cardiff and games where we should have got more we have failed to do so...Crewe, Sheff Wed etc

Jean Tigana's Blue and White Army
:albion:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
nobody's dupe said:
Maybe it's time to get somebody in of the calibre of John Gregory? He would certainly reintroduce some discipline and give the team some backbone.
:D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
He does have a point though..albeit extreme..LOL...

this current form is relegation fodder. We really do need a change of luck or a change of tactics or something.

its all very well MM coming on the radio and saying we played well etc etc when we draw or lose. The facts are we have won 2 games this season.

I cant see an easy game on the horizon at the moment. Derby is probably the only game in the next few weeks that I would expect us to win.

I know peole say " I would take a point from Wolves etc " but we need more than 1 point at the moment. I cant see us getting anything from Cardiff and games where we should have got more we have failed to do so...Crewe, Sheff Wed etc

Nobody would have seen us winning at Palace either.
The Albion always tend to do the unexpected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here