Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time For The Fans To Fight Back

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Nothing wrong with sky games as long as you spread them out more...sadly they're not and the lack of Saturday games is bloody ridiculous.
To ge honest I'm happy for sky games but it's free on the pad :)

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Armchair fan alert :facepalm:

There has always been games at different times, but this is about the inconvenience it causes to proper TICKET BUYING FANS, especially fans that travel, when a game gets moved to Sky at short notice.
Keep up.

Season ticket holder for 15 of the last 20 years. Reasonably regular away fan. Also not stuck in the past like many. Keep up!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So, just bend over to accommodate Sky yeah?

Exactly. I'm going to invoke Godwin's law. You can substitute Sky for Germany 1938. These are the footballing appeasers of our times. Shame on such fans. As always there are those that defend the morally wrong because they've lost the ability to think for themselves so conditioned are they to accept their lot or leave responsibility to others. How soon they look the other way. How quick they are to inform on their neighbour. And yet in the hour of triumph, when good finally overcomes evil, how soon they rewrite their contribution when asked "what did you do in the war, father?" ("Why I was a snivelling cowardly snake, laid low on my belly hoping it would all blow over without me, Son...") :whisky::drink::rock:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Season ticket holder for 15 of the last 20 years. Reasonably regular away fan. Also not stuck in the past like many. Keep up!

He says from Haywards Heath without irony ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Trouble is, I'm pretty sure that a lot of Sky Sports' revenue is generated overseas, where the fans don't care about moving games - they're not likely to be going to matches anyway. Empty stadiums won't bother them - and anyway Sky can no doubt afford the technology to put computer generated fans on the televised views of the terraces.

Don't think so. Sky's big deal is for domestic rights. The Premier league sell the overseas rights to overseas broadcasters.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

And bollox talker.

Still not getting your stuck in the past point ??? Football wasn't invented 20 years ago.

So if you had an away match ticket for a Saturday 3PM KO and the game was changed to a Monday night by Sky, you would be happy?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
And bollox talker.

Still not getting your stuck in the past point ??? Football wasn't invented 20 years ago.

So if you had an away match ticket for a Saturday 3PM KO and the game was changed to a Monday night by Sky, you would be happy?

Your a sensitive soul are you! ��

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't think so. Sky's big deal is for domestic rights. The Premier league sell the overseas rights to overseas broadcasters.

Is it really? I don't have figures or anything, but I can't imagine that Sky have THAT many subscribers in the UK - they'd need a couple of hundred million to pay out the sort of dosh they're splashing about, surely?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Is it really? I don't have figures or anything, but I can't imagine that Sky have THAT many subscribers in the UK - they'd need a couple of hundred million to pay out the sort of dosh they're splashing about, surely?

This is a good article that explains it a bit more. It is absolutely astonishing how much they earn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ers-slug-screen-England-based-superstars.html

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You said that the other day and were proved wrong by a poll.

Eh? What was proved wrong? I said that people were happy to pay for Sky and can't really moan if games are moved. I know that most people on here don't subscribe but I didn't say they did.

The fact is that Sky makes a lot of money, a LOT of money, out of people subscribing to it. They do so as they want to watch football at different times.

Now, there's certainly a case to be made for better compensation for the fans. The price they pay for live games is ludicrous and the clubs should certainly induce Sky to pay more if a game is changed at less than a month's notice (with money going to the fans). But the bottom line is that Sky is in the business to make money and it makes its money from the millions of armchair viewers and that's what Sky will cater for

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For me it's as much the notice given. One month / X weeks is ridiculous. They need to choose the to games much earlier - they just wait to see who's doing well etc - there should be 3 months notice minimum - I guess train tickets can be bought well in advance though?

The amount we've had moved this year has been absolutely shocking though.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There's a simple solution to this. Why don't the FA start letting Sky show 3pm kick offs live?

Wasn't the 3pm no live TV games rule put out to make sure fans continue to go to watch their local teams? Considering you can stream all the Prem matches these days at 3pm, why not think about changing the rules?

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Time for the FA and the FL to show some cajones for once instead of being more concerned about the badges on their blazers or what not.
Total ignorant twats.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This the point I was making. I'm sure most people are unhappy with the way fixtures are moved around but the place to argue it is when the contracts are drawn up. It's no good agreeing to something and then try to renege on the deal afterwards.

But I also don't get this unhappiness with Sky from people. At a guess, I'd say most people on NSC are Sky subscribers, if you don't like football being messed around with, don't subscribe to Sky. It's pretty simple really

Eh? What was proved wrong? I said that people were happy to pay for Sky and can't really moan if games are moved. I know that most people on here don't subscribe but I didn't say they did.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No just be more intelligent when considering travel arrangements.

Okay. Thanks for pointing out that a flexible ticket allows you flexibility. What other pearls of wisdom can you offer up to us long suffering travelling fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here