Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tim Vickery

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can be heard on 5Live overnight Monday/Tuesday on the Dotun Adebayo show. A great listen and worth a replay on BBC Sounds. Over the years he has mentioned many players that Brighton have picked up, it was he who said Brighton had just purchased the best South American player at the time, Julio Enciso, ahead of us even knowing about it.
He is a Spurs fan although he lives and breathes Brazilian football and talks a lot of sense.
So as the show went on he got on to his favorite subject, Brighton and our players. Then came the bombshell.
He tips us to win the Europa League!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Vickery was orgasmic when we signed Caicedo and said that if he was Brazilian there would have been another 0 on the fee.

He was rather correct.

So I do look out for his stuff.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can be heard on 5Live overnight Monday/Tuesday on the Dotun Adebayo show. A great listen and worth a replay on BBC Sounds. Over the years he has mentioned many players that Brighton have picked up, it was he who said Brighton had just purchased the best South American player at the time, Julio Enciso, ahead of us even knowing about it.
He is a Spurs fan although he lives and breathes Brazilian football and talks a lot of sense.
So as the show went on he got on to his favorite subject, Brighton and our players. Then came the bombshell.
Interesting…if memory serves me correct he also had a few doubts over whether Enciso would cope with the physicality of the PL

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone made a good point when I highlighted his comments on Enciso before we signed him - has he ever not talked up a South American player coming to the PL ?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting…if memory serves me correct he also had a few doubts over whether Enciso would cope with the physicality of the PL

I seem to recall this too, I am sure he said he was surprised we went for him and like you say, wasn't sure if he would cope.
There was a reason we went back for him though as we all now know.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone made a good point when I highlighted his comments on Enciso before we signed him - has he ever not talked up a South American player coming to the PL ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well, yes - but not talking BHAFC at that point!

I skipped through the show a few minutes at a time and didn't manage to catch any obvious reference to us.

I've skipped through to 1.29 now and still waiting. There was a brief reference to us when discussing Rangers-target Cifuentes.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Imagine if the first proper trophy we ever win (I know about the Charity shield, you know what I mean) is one of the major European ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here