Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Coe. Palace chief scout defects to the Albion.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I thought Dr Helge went off with his cycling team this time of year and came back to us after the season had started, sure, I'd read he'd done that last couple of seasons. Would have thought if he'd moved on, the club might have announced it & thanked him for his work on website or programme.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Dr Helge went off with his cycling team this time of year and came back to us after the season had started, sure, I'd read he'd done that last couple of seasons. Would have thought if he'd moved on, the club might have announced it & thanked him for his work on website or programme.
Previously and this year Dr Helge runs the medical side of OPQS team, he's Cav's doctor.

This causes him to miss the start of preseason.

As to whether he's returned or not, I have no idea.

If OPQS wanted more from the good doctor, they'd be keen for his involvement in the Vuelta which goes through to mid Sept.
But that purely my speculation.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think many fans at SP were really sure of Tim Coe's role, particularly after Iain Moody joined. He apparently grew disillusioned with his reducing duties under Pulis. Unable to make any impact on the PL, I guess a role at a club which does like to employ people in unnecessary roles on high wages, Brighton does seem like a good fit

Having had time to consider the above, I've concluded that I'd favour that supposed flaw over being a club which does like to employ nasty, underhand, morally questionable, financially suspect, sneaky, misogynistic, homophobic little racists in unnecessary roles on high wages.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Not seen this anywhere else but in todays MAIL it says ambitious Crystal Palace chief scout Tim Coe has joined Brighton who have REVAMPED their scouting operation

Just curious if this ever actually happened as I thought I heard Parish on Talkshite yesterday saying he will work closely with Warnock re January targets ??????

Didn't we get Paul Winstanley from Derby instead ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Like I say I don't think he did come in the end ...

Dodged a bullet there. Sami doesn't want hoofball merchants being recommended by the scouts , he wants players with technical ability.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I feel compelled to pull apart this absolute pomposity of a posting from the most pompous of Palace trolls.

1. Palace fans not sure of Tim Cole's role after Moody joined.

He was the chief scout, Moody is director of football. I suggest that most football fans don't struggle with seeing the difference between the roles. Maybe Palace fans are a bit thick, the ones I know personally aren't though. Maybe it's just you.

2. Apparently grew disillusioned with his reducing role under Pulis.

..but Pulis has already left because of disillusionment with your chairman who personally chose Coe. Surely his Palace mojo should be sky high after seeing his nemesis leave. From the most basic of facts it would appear that Coe and Parish are on the same wavelength. Maybe you're just pulling ideas out of your arse in lieu of not actually knowing what the real story is.

3. Unable to make an impact on the Premiership.

He's only been in position since Feb '13. And it looks like he has had an impact seeing as he identified loads of players for Holloway (who signed them all) and then you subsequently stayed up. I'd say that's making an impact. What calibre of player do you expect him to sign?

4. Brighton like to employ people on unnecessarily high wages.

Do you have any proof of this? Our Chief Exec is paid a lot but as with all businesses the vast majority is bonus related and set according to targets. Elsewhere, everyone else in the world knows we are struggling to get people into the club because of our commitment to meeting FFP requirements. It rather suggests we actually pay necessarily lower wages and you're once again talking out of your arse.

5. Did Sami personally request Coe?

I have no idea, I know you have no idea either. I'm sure Sami met him to discuss the kind of players he's after and for what system. Other than that did Sami have anyone else in mind? Did Sami ask Tony to get a new chief scout in? Is Coe this person? Is Sami happy about this? Let's cut to the chase here. You haven't a scooby and in lieu of facts are shit-stirring. Typical Palace troll. Typical you.

So, these are the issues are they? I think the bigger issue is a bloke in America who never goes to any games of an English team, spending his sleeping hours trolling that team's rival board. Sad man.

Excellent response to another sad idiot who can be bothered to post that rubbish on another club's forum.

It is pathetic how many Palarse people post on here with nothing of value to add. There are one or two exceptions, who clearly believe NSC to be a better forum than anything devoted to their club. Are we really of more interest than their fans?
I would be embarrassed if we had people doing the same on their forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here