Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Tim Brooke-Taylor

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
What struck me rather obviously from the video clip was that as a "celebrity" he won't be forgotten. His shows will be around for ages to watch.
More to the point though is that his family, living and yet to be born can hear him speak, see the life in him, his smile, the happy way he was.

Us ordinary folk don't have this archive.
So make plenty of memories people.
Photos, videos. Make many. They're a most precious gift to yourself and your descendants.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Seem to be typing this too often, RIP Tim, another little part of yesterday gone.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I loved watching The Goodies back as a youngster. RIP, Tim - many thanks for all the laughs and entertainment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP TBT.

As a youngster I used to be in hysterics watching The Goodies, the Jack and the Beanstalk stuff was unforgettable.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gutted, I loved The Goodies, was lucky enough to see Tim and Graeme Garden in Edinburgh in 2006 talk about the show and their careers in general. Brilliant stuff.

Tim was part of one of my favourite comedy sketches ever.

RIP Tim Brooke-Taylor.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear, I fear there are going to be a fair few of these threads in the coming weeks. Glad at least that the old annual 'Death List 20xx' threads have been discontinued.

Anyway, RIP Tim.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just read a post from Lucky Dog Theatre, a duo who recreated Laurel and Hardy skits for theatre ( Seen them in Brighton twice, excellent ) and they posted this tribute to Tim, I'm shamelessly copying and pasting this but I'm sure they won't mind..

" It's just been announced that Tim Brooke-Taylor has died from CV19.
Tim was an absolutely lovely gentleman to us. He came to see our show at the Slapstick Festival in Bristol, spent time with us in the bar at a second performance we did at The Colston Hall later that day and, the following day, having no idea we were in the audience, interrupted a Goodies presentation at another theatre to tell the audience to come and see HATS OFF TO LAUREL AND HARDY. We owe him. I am devastated. RIP, Tim, and thank you. X ��"

Shows what a lovely guy he was.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My name is Angus Prune,
And this is my tune,
And it’s I’m sorry I’ll read that again.

Required listening when I was a kid in Worthing in the mid sixties - bill Oddie, John Cleese, Graeme Garden.....

No, it was;
"My name is Angus Prune and I have been listening to I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again.
My name is Angus Prune and I never miss I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again
I sit in the bath and have a good laugh
'Cos the sig tune is named after me
My name is Angus Prune and I have been listening to I.S.I.R.T.A
I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again"

The highlight of my Sundays as a child

RIP Tim

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No, it was;
"My name is Angus Prune and I have been listening to I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again.
My name is Angus Prune and I never miss I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again
I sit in the bath and have a good laugh
'Cos the sig tune is named after me
My name is Angus Prune and I have been listening to I.S.I.R.T.A
I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again"

The highlight of my Sundays as a child

RIP Tim

And The News Huddlines, also gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here