Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tilson headlined in The Argus..Gregory not in running

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When you consider that we have no problem going forward, and Taylor is an excellent defensive tactician, I can't help thinking he'd be a perfect appointment for the squad as it stands right now.

Tilson, I'm not so sure about - his lack of contacts worry me, although he knows his way about this division.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What? As in "If I'm not on the bench at Southampton, I'm going to piss off and play for AC Milan"?
Now THAT made me laugh!

As for the Gary Hart comment about him considering his future.... why would someone do that when they dont know who the new manager is going to be.

Granted Hinsh obviously doesnt like him and wanted to take Barker along for some reason but to consider you future when you dont know whats gonna happen here is a bit strange
Nail on the head. Sounds like the Argus making up a story where there is none (again!!)

As for the Gary Hart comment about him considering his future.... why would someone do that when they dont know who the new manager is going to be.

Granted Hinsh obviously doesnt like him and wanted to take Barker along for some reason but to consider you future when you dont know whats gonna happen here is a bit strange

Only as strange as everything else that is being "reported" in the Argus.

I've run out of pinches of salt.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I Really hope we steal him from them, I fecking hate their fans. :tosser:

There's very little I agree with you on but like you, I can't stand their fans. I'm not sure about Tilson but I hope the rumour of him leaving winds them all up for a few days.

Horrible little club.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
There's very little I agree with you on but like you, I can't stand their fans. I'm not sure about Tilson but I hope the rumour of him leaving winds them all up for a few days.

Horrible little club.

To be fair they seemed to be talking quite a lot of sense on the subject

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tilson 'n Taylor would be dynamite. Forget Sutton and Shearer's SAS we will have TNT.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I think Taylor would be a stable boss if he took the job himself. I was sad when he left us.

Btw, why do people hate John Gregory so much? Am I missing something, like he's said something? I thought he was pretty good in his day, and is ex-albion.

Hey, how about Taylor as manager and John Byrne as assistant?

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Tilson and Taylor would be the best appointment out of the lot. The others linked with the post aren't exactly inspiring. Someone like Cotterill or Mark Venus coming in, I would of rather of kept Slade and just shuffled the coaching staff around - and bring in an experienced assistant.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What worries me about Tilson is that he's one of these "one club" men, i.e. played there for most of his career, moved into the management structure and did well in surroundings that were like home. So often these guys move to another club and struggle because everything's unfamiliar.

Tilson deserves a chance at a bigger club, and might have been the right appointment after Wilkins got the chop but we haven't got a team of kids anymore, we've got a team of lazy pros who need a 'name' manager to kick their asses.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
just as matter of interest why all the clammour to have poyet as manager ? ? i mean yeah he seems a nice bloke ala slade look where that gets you,but what has he achieved ? picking up wise every now and then so he can reach the microphone dosnt make him a good manager

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Never really taken much notice of Southend or Tilson but suppose he has done a good job there taking them up and all. Really not getting the bigging up of Poyet or Ole ...

Mar 10, 2006
At last there are some people on here thinking the same way as me regardind Poyet & Solskjaer. I just don't get it - I'm sure most of the people wetting themselves were kids who are obsessed with foreigners in football

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said on another thread I would plump for Tilson aspecially if Southend are wound up and he could bring Lee Barnard and get shot of Dickenson and possibly Davies and also bring in their brute of a central defender No 6, is his name Barrett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here