Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Remaining for Sheffield Wednesday

Jan 30, 2008
I meant last year. We had leeds early on and was it 2500/3000 left the beach to head to er Leeds? Either way its still 10,000 more than that MASSIVE club Shef W would get at their place... now who wrote that famous post comparing gates for games of us v Shef W at their place and our at the Goldstone..? Amazing when you think of our lack of success compared to theirs. As for their away support, well a good third or even a half of their away following live in London / South and so 3000 for a first game of the season with a beach / club weekend in Brighton as well is not really that impressive if you ask me. Leeds would bring 10000 if we let them .. (yes thats leeds another MASSIVE club who get smaller gates than us). Makes you think doesnt it.
You're sounding more and more like a Geek:facepalm:
Regards
DR

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I meant last year. We had leeds early on and was it 2500/3000 left the beach to head to er Leeds? Either way its still 10,000 more than that MASSIVE club Shef W would get at their place... now who wrote that famous post comparing gates for games of us v Shef W at their place and our at the Goldstone..? Amazing when you think of our lack of success compared to theirs. As for their away support, well a good third or even a half of their away following live in London / South and so 3000 for a first game of the season with a beach / club weekend in Brighton as well is not really that impressive if you ask me. Leeds would bring 10000 if we let them .. (yes thats leeds another MASSIVE club who get smaller gates than us). Makes you think doesnt it.

Did you actually go to this game last season (I suspect your other NSC account did) ? I was there and our away following was only 1,078 :facepalm:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I always want to see the Amex full but a customer behind me always comments "Oh there's a lot of empty seats today." Get a grip! I personally find it quite funny that people can find a negative about attracting a 23k+ gate in the championship.:lolol:

Should be a good atmosphere tomorrow though, especially with the high away attendance! Fair play to Sheff Wed.

UTA

Jan 30, 2008
Weather forecast looks gd for tomorrow should help add a few casuals to the attendance
DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE KEEP BANGING ON ABOUT THE ATTENDANCE , ONE THINGS FOR SURE THE NOISE LEVELS WILL STILL BE LOW FOR THE SIZE OF THE CROWD, JUST LOOK AROUND YOU AND SEE HOW MANY JUST SIT THERE AND DON'T GET INVOLVED i've seen it for myself , first ever Amex game atmosphere will take some beating IMHO
regards
DR

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE KEEP BANGING ON ABOUT THE ATTENDANCE , ONE THINGS FOR SURE THE NOISE LEVELS WILL STILL BE LOW FOR THE SIZE OF THE CROWD, JUST LOOK AROUND YOU AND SEE HOW MANY JUST SIT THERE AND DON'T GET INVOLVED i've seen it for myself , first ever Amex game atmosphere will take some beating IMHO
regards
DR

O get u

Regards

LR

Jellybean

Sep 6, 2012
We average about 2000 for away games, even if there isn't a beach. For some strange reason we got to support our team.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I used to live in Poet's Corner in the early 80's with a g/f, and naturally trotted round the Goldstone every game. I was just going out the door to a night game and she asked who they were playing and I said, 'Sheffield Wednesday', to which she replied, 'But it's Tuesday...' Women, eh... :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
Did you actually go to this game last season (I suspect your other NSC account did) ? I was there and our away following was only 1,078 :facepalm:

Sorry it was the late summer but season before we had 3000 up there. Same point tho grimsby. 3000 when half of them live down south and brighton is a cracking place to go in august. Im more impressed with our 3000/4000 to chesterfield in winter, in div 3 or was it 4 a few years back but up to you lad.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A below average crowd expected. i.e. 27,283 is average last season. Say 1,000 away fans deduction = 26,283

7% reduction in home fans = 24,443 + 2,500 visitors = about 26,943.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
wrong Fred

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here