Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thunderstorms kicking off.....................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Think we need WEEKS of this to get things back to normal levels in reservoirs.

Chastised Mrs Jakarta for mowing our lawn yesterday, she obviously knows far more about the garden than I do...

Don’t worry as per normal British weather , we WILL get weeks of it November to April.

Jul 7, 2003
You can bet he left his converted loft window open as well

I was out to dinner last night and hadn't paid any attention to weather forecasts. Luckily I checked NSC before going to bed and saw this thread so checked the skylight on the conservatory and found it wide open - right above my home working setup. Without NSC may have woken up to a very soggy setup this morning.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Impressive sound and light storm over B Hill at 5 am for an hour or so…..constant rolling thunder and lightning flashes. Just what I needed after getting to bed at 1am after getting home from FGR :laugh:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Prospects of play for cricket at Horsham CC today...?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great day to go to a festival..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was out to dinner last night and hadn't paid any attention to weather forecasts. Luckily I checked NSC before going to bed and saw this thread so checked the skylight on the conservatory and found it wide open - right above my home working setup. Without NSC may have woken up to a very soggy setup this morning.

Good move, I have told this story before on here, so will make it shorter, I went to a chaps house in Hampstead Garden Suburbs a few years ago and installed new flooring throughout from his loft conversion down to and including the first floor. The poor fella went to work one fine and glorious morning, left his skylight open, sudden down pour and it flooded the loft conversion and through the 1st floor celling damaging paintwork, celling and flooring and various other items. He tried to claim on his insurance and they said nope because it was forecast as a chance of thunderstorms.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Further proof, should any be needed, that NSC can be a force for good as well as evil :thumbsup:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Beat me to it :lolol:

Anyway, time to add thunderstorms to things I liked before getting a dog that are now a total pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out in it or did the dog freak out and shit the bed?

The worst thing is they can feel it long before we know about it so it goes on for hours for them, one thing I won't miss about Finn is how he was during Thunderstorms, our other dog Maddie doesn't give a monkeys. You're in for a treat around bonfire night.

It woke me up whenever it was this morning, quite worryingly I could smell burning after some of the strikes near us but our smoke/fire alarms weren't going off so I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's been raining near Horam for more than 6 hours now. Lovely.

Just over an inch of rain here already

rain total (2).png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Out in it or did the dog freak out and shit the bed?

The worst thing is they can feel it long before we know about it so it goes on for hours for them, one thing I won't miss about Finn is how he was during Thunderstorms, our other dog Maddie doesn't give a monkeys. You're in for a treat around bonfire night.

It woke me up whenever it was this morning, quite worryingly I could smell burning after some of the strikes near us but our smoke/fire alarms weren't going off so I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

Woke him up and he definitely wasn't a fan. Calmed him down eventually by allowing him on to the bed, something I said I wouldn't do. I suspect it's "his" now. And then off for a walk in the rain to ensure he didn't shit in the house. He likes water and jumps in the sea voluntarily on walks. Me? Not so much.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Woke him up and he definitely wasn't a fan. Calmed him down eventually by allowing him on to the bed, something I said I wouldn't do.....

The go to for our dog when we get thunder and lightning, she bloody loves it as it’s a complete no no normally :smile:

Being a Min Pin (with dachshund in her) it’s a burrow under the duvet and happy as larry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here