Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three penalties denied

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
At least two of those are definite pens. I'm also suprised this hasn't been discussed so much on this forum. Robbed again. Feels like we are just used to it now.
Problem is that there is always a responsible, someone to blame (the coach?).
Albion did or made a very good game.
Taylor referee is just someone I'm scaring of when I read he is coming on the pitch!
A dishonest man.
Practically an incompetent.
It always seems that some Italian has wronged him.
Whether it's a player or a coach or an entire team.
Ask Mourinho with his Roma in the Europa League final.
I have a lot of respect for the English and their culture... but this man here doesn't seem worthy of the value of the people you are and represent.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We are one of a handful of clubs that just aren't given penalties that other clubs are.

Plenty will claim that all fans think that way.
That may be true, to a certain extent, but there just aren't as many occasions where I think we got away with one there.

If the same scenario happens against us, the ref is far more likely to point to the spot.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I posted this on Sunday after listening to Talksport, who also said we should of had 3 penalties

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Was surprised more noise wasn't made of the barge on Pervis as at the time I thought it was stonewall. No attempt for ball but that's the way game is at moment. Had it been 1 of the big 6 I'm certain it would of been given!
I even heard someone say Pervis made a meal of it with a theatrical dive!!
Not sure what he was supposed to do after a forceful barge in the back.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The barge and the handball should not be given in my view if everything was equal but it's not and these would be given to other teams on any other day. Dunk handball v Luton for starters which was identical. The Mitoma one was a penalty all day long.
With the way games are ref'ed today, yes, we should have had 3.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Though the Pervis one would have been cheap, the others definite IMO.

This was discussed on another thread though.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
We are one of a handful of clubs that just aren't given penalties that other clubs are.

Plenty will claim that all fans think that way.
That may be true, to a certain extent, but there just aren't as many occasions where I think we got away with one there.

If the same scenario happens against us, the ref is far more likely to point to the spot.
This is definitely borne out by the fact Man U have 6 points from their 2 home games - totally biased refereeing and both Wolves and Forest robbed, as would we have been, if it was us playing at Old Trafford.
Man U are poor, as shown in their away loss at
Spuds but biased refereeing will always gain them 20+ extra home points per season

el punal

Knowing our luck in front of goal with Areola (spelling?) playing a blinder he would have saved all three penalties if they’d been awarded. We lost 3-1, we made fundamental defensive errors for all the West Ham goals, we played well for the last 15 minutes. We had a huge reality check - no bad thing. We move on.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is definitely borne out by the fact Man U have 6 points from their 2 home games - totally biased refereeing and both Wolves and Forest robbed, as would we have been, if it was us playing at Old Trafford.
Man U are poor, as shown in their away loss at
Spuds but biased refereeing will always gain them 20+ extra home points per season
I don't think 20 points ia an exaggeration sadly. Certainly not for Man Utd or Liverpool, Spurs might be more like 10 or 15.

The obvious disparity in decision making, between big clubs and otherwise has been even more obviously pronounced than usual this season.

You watch the pen that Rashford got at the same time as the one Pervis didn't get. I mean, Jesus wept

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Pervis one was a definite penalty. It was an American Football style body check rather than a shoulder charge. Paqueta (I think) deliberately took him out with no thought of where the ball was.

The Mitoma one was a clear foul.

The handball was the same as several others recently given.

At no point did I think we would be given a penalty.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think 20 points ia an exaggeration sadly. Certainly not for Man Utd or Liverpool, Spurs might be more like 10 or 15.

The obvious disparity in decision making, between big clubs and otherwise has been even more obviously pronounced than usual this season.

You watch the pen that Rashford got at the same time as the one Pervis didn't get. I mean, Jesus wept
I imagine the refs have been told to ensure a repeat of the top four being under threat from teams like Albion, Brentford and Fulham like they were until late last season is nipped in the bud early doors this season :lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The Pervis one was a definite penalty. It was an American Football style body check rather than a shoulder charge. Paqueta (I think) deliberately took him out with no thought of where the ball was.

The Mitoma one was a clear foul.

The handball was the same as several others recently given.

At no point did I think we would be given a penalty.
And I don't blame VAR for these not being given. It's totally on Antony Taylor for "missing" these

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
The Pervis one was right in front of me in West Stand Upper. He made so much of it, it ended up looking like a dive. Had he stumbled on a step or two I think it would have been given, but there was full agreement around me it wasn't going to be given as a penalty. I'm sure more experienced proponents of the art, like Mr Kane would have made it into a penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here