Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three cheers for the NHS again, especially the Princess Royal

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Once again, an NSC member with reason to be grateful to the NHS. I was working away, well taking a lunchtime walk actually, when Dad called me to say that instead of taking Mum for her regular Friday hair appointment he had had to rush her to A and E instead (Mum and Dad were meant to come up and meet me in London and go out tonight). She had gone down the drive to do the neighbour's wretched chain (we live up a slope and have to go over his land), when she realised her legs were going to give way under her; she has suffered from bad sciatica for a long time, but is having a really bad go of it at the moment. Dad took her in to the PR, and from the moment they arrived, the care was just superb. A young lass met them at the door of A and E, and ushered them into the triage section, and it was less than two hours before the triage nurse took her for treatment. They then gave her regular pain relief, an X-ray and an MRI scan. At one point they put her in a cubicle, as they thought they would have to keep her overnight, and there were two old ladies in there. A member of staff was ringing the family of one of them, making sure that her home was suitable before they would let her go home. A very worrying day for Dad and me, though at least I was able to throw myself into my work this afternoon, though it wasn't too good being up in London and not able to do anything. I was greatly relieved when Dad called me, stuck in the traffic jam at Purley, due to the accident on the M25, on the way home from my flat (there are some nice parts in that borough, honestly) to say that she was coming home. You hear some horror stories about the NHS, some justified, but she can't speak too highly of the treatment she received today.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Hardly surprising that this post has slipped through with 'something else' that has been going on but I think it deserves a bounce and well done to the NHS>

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here