Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Threatening Letters...

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
As said above, its not technically a debt, more of an invoice.
And they cannot send the bailiffs round until a court has ordered it. However, council related parking fines often go through the court el rapido.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You are not in 'debt', and the bailiffs cannot come around. You can only be placed in a position of Debt by the courts and a PPC will not take you to court!

It's a council ticket NOT a PPC one and therefore the council can instruct bailiffs without going to court.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
As said above, its not technically a debt, more of an invoice.
And they cannot send the bailiffs round until a court has ordered it. However, council related parking fines often go through the court el rapido.

Going to nip it in the bud with them tomorrow. Im sure they will want as much out of me as possible.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Some councils are more sympathetic than others. You may be able to negotiate with the council ( not the bailiffs), if come up with a good excuse for your tardy response (ie problem with nor receiving mail). I worked a deal out for my brother who was in a similar position with mid sussex council. Reduced their claim from £600 to £180. Good luck.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are answering the 2nd, which arrived Saturday morning! so it is one that possibly got lost in Christmas post which is reasonable to reduce it to the original amount not the 2nd .

kjgood

Lewisham Borough use NSL Services to control parking on all but Red Routes, A Cut and Paste below is from the council website:

Who issues parking penalty notices?

On red routes, parking penalties are issued by Metropolitan Police traffic wardens. On all other roads in the borough, parking tickets are issued by Lewisham’s parking enforcement contractor NSL Services.

About NSL Services

NSL Services carry out the following functions on our behalf:

parking enforcement
maintenance of pay and display machines
upkeep of parking restriction infrastructure.
If you have a complaints about NSL Services, please contact Lewisham’s Parking Services team on 020 8314 2225.

It appears at first sight Newlyns PLC if that is the company on your notice, is a different company. Follow the link to read what they have been up to:

Newlyn PLC (bailiffs??) NHS Parking Ticket

Hope this helps, i would do more investigation first, especially if you were not parked on the road, but in a car park.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
You are answering the 2nd, which arrived Saturday morning! so it is one that possibly got lost in Christmas post which is reasonable to reduce it to the original amount not the 2nd .

wilko!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
You could say you didn't receive the ticket, and of course the letter/fine.

Unless they can prove you did then it goes back to the original charge.

TB

Out of the councils hands apparently so they have said I need to contact the debt sharks. Apparently they sell the debt chasers and inform me that they apply for this via the court so these debt chasers have the power to enforce a balif. Is this bollox?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Out of the councils hands apparently so they have said I need to contact the debt sharks. Apparently they sell the debt chasers and inform me that they apply for this via the court so these debt chasers have the power to enforce a balif. Is this bollox?

I wasn't aware that any council sold debts due on parking tickets.

You need to get over to Pepipoo urgently and post ALL the details of the ticket.

It may also be worth you contacting these people - http://www.bailiffadviceonline.co.uk - it will cost you a tenner but they could save you a fortune.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Going to nip it in the bud with them tomorrow. Im sure they will want as much out of me as possible.

I should nip it in the bud today. Can you deal with this online. HovaBoy has dealt with both East and West Sussex councils over parking tickets online.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
As I expected the debt chasers are after the full whack. They reckon they have made three balif visits to my property on three separate occasions but haven't left a card or even pressed on the buzzer as I was at home on all of these dates. They want the full amount over 3 months without any negotiation. The Manager I spoke to was a pro and you could tell she would murder her own granny for a quid. The Manager has very kindly given me an extra 24 hours before potentially another visit from the bailiff. (cheers)
This is a first I have to say!! There fkin ruthless and wouldn't even consider settling up today on a meet you half way basis. I can pay up but its the principle involved here on the extra charges that have basically been made up!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
As I expected the debt chasers are after the full whack. They reckon they have made three balif visits to my property on three separate occasions but haven't left a card or even pressed on the buzzer as I was at home on all of these dates. They want the full amount over 3 months without any negotiation. The Manager I spoke to was a pro and you could tell she would murder her own granny for a quid. The Manager has very kindly given me an extra 24 hours before potentially another visit from the bailiff. (cheers)
This is a first I have to say!! There fkin ruthless and wouldn't even consider settling up today on a meet you half way basis. I can pay up but its the principle involved here on the extra charges that have basically been made up!

There are strict guidelines to what bailiffs can do and charge so I'd strongly suggest you use the link I gave you earlier. Being bloody minded and allowing another visit won't help you.

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
Don't know if its too late but I had this exact same problem with Hastings Council. Once it went to bailiff they wouldn't deal with it.

After speaking with them tho I submitted a "statutory declaration" through the courts.

They then cancelled the court order that allowed the bailiff to enforce and was allowed to pay the original ticket.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
This is absurd.
The threat of bailiffs over a sodding parking ticket? There's absolutely no need for this over the top attitude. Perhaps we should all take this sort of aggressive approach to utilities, authorities, banks etc when they owe us money, treat us poorly etc and see how they like the aggro.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
This is absurd.
The threat of bailiffs over a sodding parking ticket? There's absolutely no need for this over the top attitude. Perhaps we should all take this sort of aggressive approach to utilities, authorities, banks etc when they owe us money, treat us poorly etc and see how they like the aggro.

To be fair, it only generally gets to bailiffs when people have ignored the correspondence. Even the OP has stated that he got notification in December. I don't know his reason for not dealing with it then but the answer is not to ignore council tickets.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
This is absurd.

Its exhausting reading up on it info gathering. They try and catch you out when you speak to them as well. The worst thing for me is threatening another visit if I don't agree to there rip off offer absolute crooks. I gather the laws are due to change soon but as these firms are making it up as they go along last time I get a ticket that's for sure!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Its exhausting reading up on it info gathering. They try and catch you out when you speak to them as well. The worst thing for me is threatening another visit if I don't agree to there rip off offer absolute crooks. I gather the laws are due to change soon but as these firms are making it up as they go along last time I get a ticket that's for sure!

I have to ask, why didn't you just pay it at the £35 level ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here