Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Threads - New Twitter competitor by Meta (Instagram/Facebook)

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Any of you joining it? New social media Twitter like competitor by Instagram makers

Would like some fellow Brighton fans on it if possible so I can try it out properly as an alternative to Twitter

comment your threads @ if you'd like

It's on iOS and Google Play

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Pretty much a carbon copy of Twitter but can’t figure out if # works.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Pretty much a carbon copy of Twitter but can’t figure out if # works.
And in answer to my own question looks like the # does nothing at the minute

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
maybe for teh culture, seeing some people making thing of creating mirror accounts on Threads. might have some legs.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Just what the world needs. Another platform for dunder-headed members of the general public to spout their ill-informed opinions and abuse other users because they have different opinions to them. Sounds f***ing horrendous. I'm in.
This was my thought, too. Other than an opportunity for Zuckerberg to piss off Musk, make more money and harvest more of users data.....just why? Surely the brains that develop this shit can be put to better use?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 32

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I tried to get on but it proved to be impossible. Life's too short to get worked up about it, so it's a no from me

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Decent. Once it gets a dark mode ( or I find it ) and my content providers switch I'll deactivate my Twitter.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
No from me and maybe check out what permissions the software requests on your device and make sure you are happy to be giving away your privacy in return for a.n.other social media tool. There are and will be better alternatives.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No from me and maybe check out what permissions the software requests on your device and make sure you are happy to be giving away your privacy in return for a.n.other social media tool. There are and will be better alternatives.
This. I strongly suggest you read about what information they are collecting before signing up.

I'm out, won't be touching it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Decent. Once it gets a dark mode ( or I find it ) and my content providers switch I'll deactivate my Twitter.
there's the key friction, people wont move until there's a critical mass of others moving.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I tried to get on but it proved to be impossible. Life's too short to get worked up about it, so it's a no from me
Not available in Europe at the moment only in USA, something to do with EU I think. Maybe try a VPN ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Not available in Europe at the moment only in USA, something to do with EU I think. Maybe try a VPN ?
I read that but only after I had downloaded it! Am in Spain and had no trouble signing in from Instagram.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here