Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
And if you are ever feeling low, just listen to these boys. Absolute mock 80s FM Heaven. I hated real 80s FM shite. I bloody love this rehash. Turn up to eleven. And prepare to shed a tear for a nostalgia for a time you shunned and can now recalim. Or maybe you simply loved it then anyway :lolol:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIyNtoxvwQ

Okay, that's the second absolute BANGER i've found on this thread. Gonna check out more of their stuff.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This looks like my sort of thread.

But I need to post something that @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=13715" target="_blank">jimhigham</a></u> doesn't have on his iPOD....

:lolol: I think you’ve pretty much got this thread covered.

My go to place for the unheard of...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[yt]M80-Bjsupeg[/yt]

His voice.
The lyrics.
The music.

It’s spellbindingly beautiful and brilliant. The closest we have to a Nick Drake or Jeff Buckley now. And he drives a battered Ford Galaxy to gigs and barely anyone has heard of him, in the grand scheme of things.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I hadn’t looked at this thread until HWT chucked a mention my way. This likes like an absolutely enormous rabbit hole one can disappear down and emerge days later. :smile:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A few decent tunes so far but some absolute rubbish as well! There’s a reason you’ve never heard some of these songs.

(I know music is subjective and there’s no such thing as bad song)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My favourite song of all time, as I may have mentioned before. Robert Wyatts final ever vocal with the Softs.

50 years ago, I'm starting to feel very old...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4JrPnep5Aw

Great track (and on my iPod) but not obscure. I've been struggling to think of anything from the late 60s and early 70s that is good (IMO) and obscure. I wonder how many fold the number or artists recording there are now compared with then.....

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I have a whole album that sits nicely with the title of this thread, that it never sold and I think it so brilliant probably sums up why I've come to believe I must be well up 'the scale'.
I've picked out my two favourite tracks (which are in reverse order on the album itself)
Stick with it for less than a minute if you're struggling.....it's worth it

You can see the full tracklist here ...I'll never know why this was never a world-beater of an album???

EDIT:.....Jeez, I'm repeating stuff now - where's Matron when you need her?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
[yt]M80-Bjsupeg[/yt]

His voice.
The lyrics.
The music.

It’s spellbindingly beautiful and brilliant. The closest we have to a Nick Drake or Jeff Buckley now. And he drives a battered Ford Galaxy to gigs and barely anyone has heard of him, in the grand scheme of things.

That is lovely, will have to see what else he has done! :thumbsup:

Many thanks, this is a brilliant thread, I know being an oldie most of the stuff I have posted is late 60's and early 70's but hope some of it is appreciated as well...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A few decent tunes so far but some absolute rubbish as well! There’s a reason you’ve never heard some of these songs.

(I know music is subjective and there’s no such thing as bad song)

Of course there are bad songs and crap music in general, that is the reason I used to cringe through Top of the Pops back in the day and even yawn through a huge amount of Old Grey Whistle Test. You are right about personal taste, as you may have noticed I have a love of Krautrock and Mrs Jakarta absolutely hates it. As I do with her Phil Collins collection...:lolol:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Ooh, I love this one. Seen these guys live a couple of times. This one’s driven by the bass line, which is always a good thing, and the drumming is like machine gun fire in the final section. Always near the top of my running playlist for when I need to get a shake on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here