Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread of positivity

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I've posted the following on the official match thread but it's a mosh of conflicting emotion in there right now. I'm reposting this in a thread of its own for all the can-do-ers out there. Call it shamelessly "look at me" if you will but let's make this a thread of solidarity for the gut wrenching few days to come. Pile in with positive vibes. Go!

Well that's quite nice but it doesn't really change anything unless Burley implode this afternoon.

I've given myself a few minutes to simmer down. Oddly, I feel pretty good after a fairly woeful second half display. A couple of games ago I said on here that I could not see us going on to win seven straight matches. I didn't get flamed as such but a couple of people told me off for being a Debbie Downer. While winning streaks like that are possible they are rare and I just never felt that we would pull it off. Now that streak has been broken I just feel that it's less improbable that we will go up to Boro and win. It might not make sense to many but it's just my gut reaction.

Today the pressure was all on us and it showed. Derby had basically achieved their objective (playoffs) before kickoff and could play with more freedom. On Saturday there will be pressure on us to go and win for sure but there is also massive pressure on Boro to finish the job too. I feel we will nestle back into the underdog role that has suited us so well all season. I wouldn't say I am confident but I'm also very far from despondent. We have the tools to do this. We just have to hope we can do it on the day.

This has been a simply magnificent season. The board, the manager, the team, all at the club and the supporters have shared something special. We might not get the dream ending but even then all is not lost. I bloody love this team. In around 35 years of following them there have been few seasons as exciting and invigorating as this.

It doesn't matter what division we are in. We are Brighton. We're still here. Together,

Let's bloody do this.
Works for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here