Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread full of Terrace nostalgia

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The Wookiee said:
Seemed it got a little lively in Aldershot last Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/6356679.stm

:(

Police are investigating the violence that surrounded Aldershot Town's clash with Oxford at the Recreation Ground on Saturday.

Officers confirmed that before the match there was a fight between fans of both clubs in The Goose pub.

Paul Carter, who lives in Haig Road, was sitting in The Goose watching the rugby at around 1.45pm.

He told the Mail that a group of people started throwing tables, chairs, glasses and stools around.

"A group of people went berserk in the pub andstarted to smash the place up" he said.

"I was unlucky enough to get caught up in the middle of it."

He added that a he was struck by a stool that had been thrown against a fruit machine but said that it had only been a glanching blow.

"I just left my drink and left because it was quite frightening."

"there were women in there but i didnt see any children," he said.

Nobody at The Goose was available for comment.

After the match there were what the police called as "ongoing issues" between both sets of supporters.

During the game itself, which ended in a 1-1 draw, it was announced that pubs in the town centre would be closed until 6pm.

Inspector Antonia Weeks, who was the public order commander for the day, said: "Attending a football match is not an excuse for criminal behaviour and those who think that it is acceptable can expect to be dealt with robuslty by the police."

She added that those involved will be identified and that an investigation into the day's events is ongoing.

"The criminal minority is spoiling it for the majority of people who were well behaved and came along to enjoy themselves." said Insp Weeks.

The police could not confirm how many arrests had been made.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
yob-culture.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Is that when we played them in the cup under Adams? I rememebr it being a little lively but what exactly happened to make them 'hate us with a passion'?!(hate us more than they'd hate anyone, that is)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
Is that when we played them in the cup under Adams? I rememebr it being a little lively but what exactly happened to make them 'hate us with a passion'?!(hate us more than they'd hate anyone, that is)

something to do with a few pubs getting smashed up and basically Brighton 'fans' taking over the whole of their town and taking the piss - One Aldershot fan described the day as the "Darkest in their firms history" ???

Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
Aldershot? Why?

It's fair to say that the shots hate most people. Probably to do witht he fact it's a shithole of a nothing town famous only for it's women being shagged 17 times senseless by the army blokes all the time.

That I know of they loath, in no order, Reading, Oxford, Farnborough, Brighton, Swindon, Basingstoke (yes, bizarely they attacked a few Stoke kiddies recently at the cup game).

The only amazing thing about aldershot is how little trouble there was recently when AFC Wimbledon played them in the FA trophy. They really are quite, quite scummy.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
readingstockport said:
It's fair to say that the shots hate most people. Probably to do witht he fact it's a shithole of a nothing town famous only for it's women being shagged 17 times senseless by the army blokes all the time.

That I know of they loath, in no order, Reading, Oxford, Farnborough, Brighton, Swindon, Basingstoke (yes, bizarely they attacked a few Stoke kiddies recently at the cup game).

The only amazing thing about aldershot is how little trouble there was recently when AFC Wimbledon played them in the FA trophy. They really are quite, quite scummy.

i really hope we have a game against them soom..even a pre-season friendly! :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Brighton till i die said:
i mean another one!!:lolol: i didnt realise there was any hisotry!!

how many went this year?:drink:

Not many :(

Aldershot were apparently out looking for revenge 60 handed :eek:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I see the palace 5-0 flag is in there

:down: :down: :down: :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here