Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread full of facts about Crystal Palace for new signing Emmanuel Adebayor

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
furniture.jpg

Local neanderthals burn furniture in a ritual which goes back thousands of years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When a goal is scored by them - admittedly a rare thing at the moment - they play a song, the words of which translate neatly in to Kabiyé, one of the many Togolese languages, as "your mother F***s goats."

Probably best you don't score Emmanuel. Just in case, like.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When a goal is scored by them - admittedly a rare thing at the moment - they play a song, the words of which translate neatly in to Kabiyé, one of the many Togolese languages, as "your mother F***s goats."

Probably best you don't score Emmanuel. Just in case, like.

He'd be in good company with his new team-mates.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One Palace fan is in for a good meal now he has signed.
This was his comment on the talk of him signing.

Stellavista's

I'd rather cut my bollocks off and eat them.

He stated in this thread:)
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260781

I expect there will be plenty who are willing to cook them for him. Well done. Very well done. Practically cremated.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He'll need to know some popular Crystal Palace anagrams for team-bonding Scrabble nights:

Clear Playacts (Zaha's diving)
Catcalls Payer (club mocked due to penny in the pound repayment)
Rectal Sac Play (homophobic chants masking latent feelings of some fans)
Clearly Sac Tap (as above)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They're ****ing shite, Croydons full of Paedos and Rapists, the majority of their plastic fans are little boys aged between 8 and 25 who wear black hoody jackets and call themselves "snigger" The Ultras " ha ha !!
When they next get relegated the crowd will revert back to normal and be 8-11K max at each game as it was in The Championship just before they got into the play off positions.
It's full of wankers as well as Paedos and Rapists.

I could go on forever but just cant be bothered

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Your wages should be covered before any non-footballing debts when the administrators take charge again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
5811281-large.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Welcome to Croydon Manny.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
No need to google Mr A - here's a few top facts in one place:

Crystal Palace football club is nowhere near Crystal Palace. It's in South Norwood, one of those bits of 'pretend London' - and a place which makes Penge look exciting.

The club's nickname is The Eagles. This is not because of the majestic creatures which soar over the mountains of Selhurst but because if they had to name it after genuine local wildlife they'd be The Rats.

Crystal Palace were the team of the 80s.

Previous owners of the club have included a racist and assorted spivs.

They play goal music.

All the clubs that are really in South London despise them too.

They go bankrupt every 5-10 years. But don't worry, the players always get paid (even if no one else does).

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
No need to google Mr A - here's a few top facts in one place:

Crystal Palace football club is nowhere near Crystal Palace. It's in South Norwood, one of those bits of 'pretend London' - and a place which makes Penge look exciting.

The club's nickname is The Eagles. This is not because of the majestic creatures which soar over the mountains of Selhurst but because if they had to name it after genuine local wildlife they'd be The Rats.

Crystal Palace were the team of the 80s.

Previous owners of the club have included a racist and assorted spivs.

They play goal music.

All the clubs that are really in South London despise them too.

They go bankrupt every 5-10 years. But don't worry, the players always get paid (even if no one else does).

You leave Penge out of this !

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
French rugby team gets culture shock in 'sad and monotonous' Croydon

Some of the players in World Cup squad and reporters accompanying them reportedly moan that south London suburb is ‘pas très chic’

Screenshot from 2016-01-27 21:43:15.png

MetroNews wrote: ‘If Les Bleus have enjoyed the charms of the very British Selsdon Park Hotel there’s no doubt they’ll linger for far less time in the town that surrounds it.’ Photograph: Simon Turner/Alamy

Press Association
Wednesday 16 September 2015 15.39 BST

The French have moaned that their Rugby World Cup base in Croydon is a “monotonous” and “pas très chic” (not very stylish) suburb.
Les Bleus are staying at the four-star Selsdon Park Hotel in south London during the five-week tournament, which gets under way on Friday. But it appears that some of the players and the reporters accompanying them are less than impressed with their surroundings.
The MetroNews newspaper said Croydon was “sad”, and published unflattering pictures of its brutalist skyline to illustrate its point. It claimed that the last time the town had made headlines was during the 2011 London riots.
“If Les Bleus have enjoyed the charms of the very British Selsdon Park Hotel, there’s no doubt they’ll linger for far less time in the town that surrounds it,” the article said. “Because if the place where the French XV are staying is pretty and leafy, this south London suburb is much less so.”
The French prop Uini Atonio complained that a rowdy wedding reception at the hotel had kept him up all night on Saturday.
The New Zealand-born player, who is 6ft 5in and 25 stone, said: “I did not really sleep well. There was a wedding under my room and they were quite noisy. At around two in the morning when I still could not sleep, I had to put my headphones on. We might have to change hotel.”
Selsdon Park Hotel has an 18-hole golf course and sporting facilities over 80 hectares, and is a short trip from Croydon town centre.
The French national side are staying there while using facilities at nearby Trinity School as they challenge for the World Cup.
Matthew Sims, chief executive of the Croydon Business Improvement District, hit back at the way the borough was being portrayed, saying that it was “blossoming” with new commercial, culture and arts projects.
He said: “For us Croydon is a wonderful place to be for now but also in the future, we very much love our borough and are totally behind it.
“With the level of activity taking place here, the growth experienced in terms of those who want to work, live and visit Croydon, these kind of reports do not set us back. I wouldn’t say it is helpful but it is certainly not going to put us back because we have more than enough going here, with £5.2bn secured to transform Croydon and make it the regeneration borough for London.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here