Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Thread for all the things we are being gaslit into being angry about.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As a fully paid up member of the lefty wokaratti I am finding it hard to keep up with all things I am supposed to be angry about at the moment. As I often forget that I am supposed to care about certain stuff I thought it was handy to have them all in one thread.

Last week seemed to be black mermaid, this was tough for me as not being a 10 year old girl makes it hard for me to get upset triggered about mermaids.

This week we seem to be back to a female James Bond. I have no idea of this is actually happening but apparently I am supposed to be angry about it. Again this is hard because I haven't really been that interested in James Bond since A View to a Kill (I went for my birthday and Duran Duran did the song - it was ace). My passing interest of watching a couple of the Daniel Craig ones with my son hasn't really equipped me to get cross about it.

I wonder if there was this uproar when they decided to make him Scottish?

Anyway, what are the other things I should be getting angry about? (children's books badfish, don't forget children's books - they are changing them, and this time it's bad.

Culture Wars, what are they good for . . . Huh!! Distracting the voters Hun!

🤣
I read on the Jodel app about a transsexual who had not received... its (?) monthly wage yesterday and will probably have to wait until Monday.

Really furious about it. My Che Guevara poster looks more angry than ever.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some complained when Judy Dench played Q, forgetting that Stella Creasey did the job in real life.
Yeah, it's just amusing how the default runs to outrage before the logic kicks in.

James Bond can't be female but 007 can.

It's like Dr Who, a shapeshifting alien. Tom Baker's incarnation even inferred that a regeneration could have a female form.

Folk forget that a new generation born into something know no different.

As regards Dr Who, I thought Jodie was great. Just didn't go a bundle on the companions apart from the girl. And the scripts were poor.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am absolutely furious that there are dingys coming here even though I'll never meet any of the people on them. I blame France. Maggy would have sorted them out.

And Harry and Meghan. He's a traitor. I'm not racist but she's a black cow. And their to blame for dragging this country through the gutter as much as all them remoaners are. Remoaners make me sick. And yes Prince Andrew did wrong but I'm going to go on and on and on and on and on about Harry and Meghan and just ignore him - because I'm a fuckwitt.

And taking down statues of slave traders boils my piss. I mean I didn't know what these statues were of until people took them down (or asked to do so) but THATS NOT THE POINT. Nobody's asking all them statues up and down the country of Martin Luther KIng to be pulled down now that black people are treated almost the same as everybody else are they? DISCUSTING.

Oh and I'm so angry at people in the NHS going on strike. These people should be glad they've got a job (and a food bank nearby if they really must have free food on top of that). If I could take back all those claps I gave them from two years ago I bloody well would. THEIR A DISCRACE. They could of got a different job if they don't like the money.

And Mick Lynch is a DISCRACE to. I heard he earns nearly a million a year. Not bad work, being paid all that money just for telling people to go on strike.

ONE LAST THING : anyone who disagrees with me with any of the above can go and live in their precious EU because I'm fed up with all there MOANING.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This female James Bond thing. There can't be a female James Bond, because James Bond is male. But there could be a female 007.

I'm sure that if she was fabulously attractive some of this ire would soon disappear.
Lashana Lynch played 007 in No Time To Die, she is very much a woman.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Some complained when Judy Dench played Q, forgetting that Stella Creasey did the job in real life.

"I Think You're A Sexist, Misogynist Dinosaur. A Relic Of The Cold War."

In fairness, quotes from Bond films would certainly liven up most political party conferences.

Stella_Creasy,_2016_Labour_Party_Conference_2.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ian Fleming made Bond Scottish so I am not sure who "they" are. Should I be angry about that?
With a French mother.

Monique Delacroix

Hon hi hon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
I’m incandescent with rage about the idea of “pronouns”. Despite the fact it doesn’t affect me or my life in the slightest and I should mind my own business.
Also Harry and Meghan. Despite the fact they don’t affect me or my life in the slightest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really? Fair enough - is there a FB place where I can go to say I don't give a shit about either?

On the subject of James Bond, can't say I'm an expert. Only read a couple of the books, and couldn't stand the smug imperialist bastard, the complete antithesis of long hair, hippiedom and all things wonderful for a young man 50 or more years ago - but - serious question - did the books ever actually specify that he wasn't black or mixed race?
The books are fantastic,

They are basically travelogues, livened up with all forms of fetishism (Fleming was a sado-masochist).

They stank of expensive cigarettes, booze, drugs, loneliness, physical endurance and violence.

And the clothes had to be just right. The black and white dig-tooth tweed. The sea-island short sleeve cotton shirts. The penny loafers.

And of course the drinks, the cars and the women, with their deep cleavages and boyish bottoms.

Pure fetishism from first to last page. :love:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ian Fleming made Bond Scottish so I am not sure who "they" are. Should I be angry about that?
He did but was brought up in Pett Bottom in Kent by an aunt. He lived in a cottage next to the Duck Inn, the cottage is now part of the pub.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
M? Q? what's the difference :lol: Yes, I know there's a difference

Sorry, you have covid. Get well soon
Big difference actually! Dench could and probably would not do Q and it would have seen as a goofy (if Dench playing a role can ever be goofy) casting. Making her M really showed that the Bond movies were going through some modernisation.
I am absolutely furious that there are dingys coming here
Not to mention the dingos. If I have learnt anything from almost four years at NSC, it is that anything Australian should probably stay there.

Especially the cats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here