Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Thread for all the things we are being gaslit into being angry about.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As a fully paid up member of the lefty wokaratti I am finding it hard to keep up with all things I am supposed to be angry about at the moment. As I often forget that I am supposed to care about certain stuff I thought it was handy to have them all in one thread.

Last week seemed to be black mermaid, this was tough for me as not being a 10 year old girl makes it hard for me to get upset triggered about mermaids.

This week we seem to be back to a female James Bond. I have no idea of this is actually happening but apparently I am supposed to be angry about it. Again this is hard because I haven't really been that interested in James Bond since A View to a Kill (I went for my birthday and Duran Duran did the song - it was ace). My passing interest of watching a couple of the Daniel Craig ones with my son hasn't really equipped me to get cross about it.

I wonder if there was this uproar when they decided to make him Scottish?

Anyway, what are the other things I should be getting angry about? (children's books badfish, don't forget children's books - they are changing them, and this time it's bad.

Culture Wars, what are they good for . . . Huh!! Distracting the voters Hun!

🤣
According the Labour activist that knocked on my door a few weeks ago I should be utterly apoplectic about golliwogs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
According the Labour activist that knocked on my door a few weeks ago I should be utterly apoplectic about golliwogs.
I'm aware that Hangleton is not always at the forefront of contemporary trends but I didn't realise it was 30 years behind

Still, you could always vote con......... oh :lolol:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm aware that Hangleton is not always at the forefront of contemporary trends but I didn't realise is was 30 years behind

Still, you could always vote con......... oh :lolol:
And I will be for two out of my three votes ;)

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
The books are fantastic,

They are basically travelogues, livened up with all forms of fetishism (Fleming was a sado-masochist).

They stank of expensive cigarettes, booze, drugs, loneliness, physical endurance and violence.

And the clothes had to be just right. The black and white dig-tooth tweed. The sea-island short sleeve cotton shirts. The penny loafers.

And of course the drinks, the cars and the women, with their deep cleavages and boyish bottoms.

Pure fetishism from first to last page. :love:

Great pithy little Fleming vignette. Harry, you've changed as well! Was it a government subsidized medical procedure or are you splashing out on better quality makeup?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So this week we are supposed to be angry about:

Spurs and Everton taking a few minutes to have a drink during the game to break their fast during Ramadan.

Some people 'a whole generation' according to Jennifer Anniston find one of the most steamed shows in the world (still apparently) offensive.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With the way the Albion are playing, I'm not angry about anything at the moment.

Gaslit or otherwise. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here