Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts from a Norwegian Perspective

Norwegian Seagull

Mar 18, 2008
Gol, Norway
Thought i would just post my opinions on the players after last nights game:

Brezovan: Woeful kicking. Cant kick over the half way line from a goal kick. Didnt look comfortable with the Ball at his feet, otherwise little to do. Was at fault for their second goal as the header was right in front of him. Should have come for it.

Calderon: Often out of position and got roasted a few times, otherwise assured and good on the ball.

Elphick: Nightmare, got turned inside out, dodgy on the ground. Chose to dribble out of danger too often where it should have been hoofed. Too many stray passes.

Greer: Lost too many headers, slow and not a friend with the ball. Lokked nervous when their forwards ran at him.

Taricco: Showed his age a bit at times, otherwise OK. Godd passer of the ball.

Kish: Dominated, passed the ball well and intelligently. Some good touches going forward. Showed his class at times.

Dicker: Ran all over the pitch, tackled well. Some poor passing at times but was generally ok.

Sparrow: Same as dicker, but needs some shot training.

Bennett: Class at times but woeful crossing/freekicks.

Barnes: Looked class with his back to the defence, held the ball up well. Cant shoot for toffee. Pity, as always in the right place.

Hart: Out of his depth. Easy miss with his head early on. Should have come off at half time.

Batt: Was he on the pitch? Lost the ball too often. made no contribution what so ever.

Baz: Looked good going forward, some deft touches.

Murray: Did nowt. didnt look interested.

Overall: Had we buried our chances we should have won comfortably, instead we let Woking in and became panicky. Thought we played better with 10 men.
Great Cup tie in the end and could have gone either way. Credit to Woking.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can't agree that Brezovan was at fault for their second goal. Murray was supposed to be marking the scorer but completely lost him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Woeful kicking? Did he actually hoof it? Must times it went out to a defender.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Murray did nowt? But set up the second goal and did his usual getting fouled in dangerous places

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Elphick: Nightmare, got turned inside out, dodgy on the ground. Chose to dribble out of danger too often where it should have been hoofed. Too many stray passes.

/QUOTE]

You've been away too long: we don't do hoofing anymore. :albion1:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

/QUOTE]

You've been away too long: we don't do hoofing anymore. :albion1:

There were a few times when a hoof was called for-especially in Elphick's case because he was caught out on the ball far too often. I love our new style of football but sometimes safety first is the order of the day.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Greer: Lost too many headers, slow and not a friend with the ball. Lokked nervous when their forwards ran at him.

Don't agree re Greer - Didn't have an outstanding game but is without doubt a class above most lg 1 Centre Backs and our best Centre Back since Cullip - possibly better than Cullip.

Benno's delivery was very poor by his standards - he' not normally like this atall though I assure you.

We didn't look the same team that's been playing in the league - I hope this isn't the start / middle of a bad spell.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I agree about Greer.Looked really slow to me.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Brezovan: Woeful kicking. Cant kick over the half way line from a goal kick. Didnt look comfortable with the Ball at his feet, otherwise little to do. Was at fault for their second goal as the header was right in front of him. Should have come for it.

Calderon: Often out of position and got roasted a few times, otherwise assured and good on the ball.

Taricco: Showed his age a bit at times, otherwise OK. Godd passer of the ball.

Kish: Dominated, passed the ball well and intelligently. Some good touches going forward. Showed his class at times.

Dicker: Ran all over the pitch, tackled well. Some poor passing at times but was generally ok.

Sparrow: Same as dicker, but needs some shot training.

Barnes: Looked class with his back to the defence, held the ball up well. Cant shoot for toffee. Pity, as always in the right place.

Hart: Out of his depth. Easy miss with his head early on. Should have come off at half time.

Batt: Was he on the pitch? Lost the ball too often. made no contribution what so ever.

Baz: Looked good going forward, some deft touches.

Murray: Did nowt. didnt look interested.

Overall: Had we buried our chances we should have won comfortably, instead we let Woking in and became panicky. Thought we played better with 10 men.
Great Cup tie in the end and could have gone either way. Credit to Woking.

I'd go along with all of that apart from Barnes looking class and Murray looking shite. IMO it was the other way round.

Norwegian Seagull

Mar 18, 2008
Gol, Norway
just watched the game again. Brezovan kicked the ball out (not pass) about 6 times. They either went into touch or to the opposition. Not one goal kick went over the half way line.

Apart from the assist Murray was shite. Over 10 attempted crosses into the box, only one found an Albion shirt.

Second time around Greer was even worse ....

On the positive side, alot of one touch moving forward. Great to watch. Pity evrything broke down outside their penalty area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here