Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
There were a couple in WSL too. Great idea. The only criticism I have is they didn't have the ability to take smart cards for payment. If you had a paper ticket, wanted to pay with cash or aren't bothered with the 10% cashback, it's bloody brilliant.

There were a couple in WSL too. Great idea. The only criticism I have is they didn't have the ability to take smart cards for payment. If you had a paper ticket, wanted to pay with cash or aren't bothered with the 10% cashback, it's bloody brilliant.
The complete absence of a queue was reason enough not to be bothered about getting the discount for using a smartcard. As was the fact that you get your half-time beer in time to drink it before the second half starts.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Absolutely genius - that is all!

A very welcome addition from the SSC Final.

View attachment 27075

Blimey - that's me in the white top. I can CONFIRM that when the photo was taken they had run out of bitter - or were waiting for another barrel. Or something. Lovely pint btw and a great idea - only had to queue five mins at half time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blimey - that's me in the white top. I can CONFIRM that when the photo was taken they had run out of bitter - or were waiting for another barrel. Or something. Lovely pint btw and a great idea - only had to queue five mins at half time.

ah ha - so was your glass half full or half empty at that point?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My glass is always half full GWF. :)

So is mine but i have too slightly disagree on this point,when it comes to beer mine is always half empty and time for a top up.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The complete absence of a queue was reason enough not to be bothered about getting the discount for using a smartcard. As was the fact that you get your half-time beer in time to drink it before the second half starts.

this!!

they were brilliant as were the hawkers with the bottled beer at half time!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

WHERE is your NECK? :jester:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There were at least 2 in the WSU.

Wish we'd known - at HALF PAST ONE in the kiosk by H & I blocks they'd run out of Harveys - only been given 1 barrel the kiddy said!?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Also I can't see a till or bumbag thing - i assume it's cash only?!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I think the fact that Harveys was running out is a good sign. Its selling well. The mini bars were great. lets hope Dark Star do the same.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and not a bad pint of Harvey's either. Good work fella's!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Had a couple from the mobiles after the game, then headed out to the seats to sit in the world's largest beer terrace and watch the formation lawnmower team go through its paces.

Marvellous.

Indeed that was another unexpected bonus, being allowed into the seats with your beverage after the game. Just added to the magic of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here