Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thomas Tuchel to leave Bayern at the end of the season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Liverpool?
It does impact us potentially - insofar as Alonso was seen as the strong favourite for the Liverpool job, and now they will be fighting Bayern for his services. RDZ to Bayern doesn't look realistic. RDZ to Liverpool if Alonso chooses to stay in Germany, more so.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Ah now that's a scary one. Alonso is the obivous choise for Liverpool, I can't see him going to Barca with all their backroom shenanigans, Man U is a manager deathwish. But RDZ to Bayern I can see that working for both parties sadly, either way long way to go and a lot can and will change, I don't think top teams will be impressed with RDZs inability to breakdown low blaock teams (who top teams facea ll the time), but regardless RDZ is the best manager IMO, not much excitingto choose from barring Alonso

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is there a specific reason why so many managerial departures being announced early this season – and if so, what is it? The odd big name, Fergie, for example, has gone public before, but I certainly cant remember it happing in Jan/Feb much.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Something about RDZ and Bayern worries me much more than any of the other clubs he'll constantly be linked with.
It's all dependent on Alonso. He is first choice for both Bayern and Liverpool and they're both going to push for him- RDZ may end up at whichever one Alonso turns down.

Don't rule out AC Milan in this either. There's every chance Pioli leaves them this summer in the Champions League places, that will be very, very tempting for RDZ with his emotional connection to Milan - he will still have the chance to manage another big club elsewhere in Europe after that.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
We need to accept, I think, that it's a given that RDZ will go somewhere this summer. It's inevitable he will go at some point and the summer is the best timing for us. Best timing for him too as not sure how much further he can take us - assuming we win the Europa League and FA Cup this season!

I would prefer it for him not to go to another EPL team, so Bayern and Barca in the race suits me.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It does impact us potentially - insofar as Alonso was seen as the strong favourite for the Liverpool job, and now they will be fighting Bayern for his services. RDZ to Bayern doesn't look realistic. RDZ to Liverpool if Alonso chooses to stay in Germany, more so.
If Alonso has the choice, is there any way he turns down Anfield with his past affinity and fan approval?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We need to accept, I think, that it's a given that RDZ will go somewhere this summer. It's inevitable he will go at some point and the summer is the best timing for us. Best timing for him too as not sure how much further he can take us - assuming we win the Europa League and FA Cup this season!

I would prefer it for him not to go to another EPL team, so Bayern and Barca in the race suits me.
It's not a given imo, but if he goes it'll likely be in the closed season as apparently that's in his contract

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We need to accept, I think, that it's a given that RDZ will go somewhere this summer.
It obviously isn't a given.

It's possible. But there will be loads of other candidates floating around as well.

An example, Zidane has been linked to Bayern for example, who is out of work, so no fee to an existing club and has won 3 Champions Leagues. I don't know he's going there, but I would counsel against thinking that RDZ is a shoo in for this or any of the other vacancies which arise.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

It's possible. But there will be loads of other candidates floating around as well.

I am choosing to think that way, and anything else will be a pleasant surprise. Personally, I wonder if maybe it would be better for all parties for him to move on this summer, while he is adored by the fans, and before he gets publicly frustrated with recruitment policies like Poyet, which I think he might have a tendency to do.

Plus, all managers have a shelf life before there needs to be a fresh voice on the training pitch.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I love RDZ, and think he is becoming an Albion legend, but he has not actually won any major trophies yet, and our league form has been somewhat erratic (mainly due to a spate of injuries to key players) this season so far, so I would be surprised if he was poached by a team of the calibre of Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Liverpool.

RDZ has the potential to become a great, word-class, manager in the next 5 years, but I don't think he is there yet, and so would be a huge risk for any of the clubs he is currently being linked with. Look what happened to his predecessor :whistle:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

An example, Zidane has been linked to Bayern for example, who is out of work, so no fee to an existing club and has won 3 Champions Leagues. I don't know he's going there, but I would counsel against thinking that RDZ is a shoo in for this or any of the other vacancies which arise.
It's not a given, for all the speculation, a bigger club has got to make a formal approach and it will still be a gamble.

I'd think one of the major deciding factors for RDZ will be if we have europe or not next season, which gives even more importance to our FA cup and EL campaigns this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here