Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thomas Frank

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Look at the league table, look at the game on sunday and look at how much they will spend Vs us in the summer.
Doesn’t quite equal what you said does it

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Three years left on his Brentford contract, combined with the Bloom/Benham dynamic, makes this highly, highly unlikely.

But, even setting that aside, he's always struck me as being a bit of a knob, so nah.
The problem is, after having an absolute gent like Hughton, all managers seem like a bit of a knob.

RDZ is hardly Calderon or Orlandi when it comes to judging him as a bloke.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
It's clearly rubbish - there is NO WAY we'd ever appoint a manager who chews gum with his mouth open all the time. End of thread :ROFLMAO:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've clarified it now. When I say they are a bigger club financially I mean they spend more than us.
In other words, trolling yet again. You have the uncanny knack of saying things no one wants to read at exactly the time they don't want to read it.

If you can prove the above is even true, the last bit that your argument is actually reduced to, then they will be in breach of profit and sustainability.

One of the biggest whinges in the football media this season has been Martin Samuels, schilling for the Saudis, saying that Newcastle should be allowed to spend what they want, because they have the money available. But that's not how P&S works. A team with a ground a third our size, who are even less popular than us on telly, spending more than us are breaking the rules.

But can you prove they're doing it ???

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Bournemouth spent £130m on player purchases in 2022/23, with only £4m sales, you'd therefore expect that to reap some rewards. But, as we discovered, success brings bigger clubs swooping for your assets. Their technical director is off to Liverpool in the summer, and it won't be surprising if their manager starts getting talked up for 'big' jobs.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Three years left on his Brentford contract, combined with the Bloom/Benham dynamic, makes this highly, highly unlikely.

But, even setting that aside, he's always struck me as being a bit of a knob, so nah.

What a total knob celebrating a win with a fan who has Downs...

We don't need managers like that at our club ffs...

Another sulky careerist mercenary for me all day long

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bournemouth spent £130m on player purchases in 2022/23, with only £4m sales, you'd therefore expect that to reap some rewards. But, as we discovered, success brings bigger clubs swooping for your assets. Their technical director is off to Liverpool in the summer, and it won't be surprising if their manager starts getting talked up for 'big' jobs.
So a 126 mill loss before operational losses. Well over the cap.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
So a 126 mill loss before operational losses. Well over the cap.

The player purchases will be amortised over five years, but unless they make a big sale (maybe a big club will go for Solanke?) they surely can't spend much this summer.

20240430_102544.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm at work and can't read every post in every thread. Has anyone covered any responses/thoughts from Brentford fans? Are they disappointed with their season, claiming Frank's been found out, doesn't want to be there, is touting himself for every job and needs to go? Or are they completely relaxed about a BS article etc?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Isn’t it rather disconcerting this speculation about RDZ’s replacement is even going on? There’s absolutely no evidence yet that RDZ has announced he is leaving at the end of the season - in fact, his pressers, when pushed, have given nothing other than his feelings about the current performances, matches, squad and nothing about next season other than he has ambition for the Club and it depends on whether TB and PB share the same ambition in the same timescale (vis a vis investment) - presumably that talk will be going in the coming weeks:

March Pressers:

“When pressed on whether he would remain in his current role next season, he added: “Yes. I have a contract. I have decided nothing. My focus is on Brighton – 100 per cent.”

"I would like to play next season again in Europe because this season we are paying a big price on the first experience of the Europa League," added De Zerbi. "The second experience can be easier.”

“We didn’t find agreement, (on signing a new contract yet) but it’s only part of it. The big part is the plan (for the club).
“I need to speak to Tony Bloom (owner and chairman) about the plan for the club in order to decide my future, I want to know what is the project. I want to keep my ambition.

“My relationship with my players and the fans can’t change depending on the future. What we have done is history and no one can forget it.”

What is clear, is that fan support (or lack of it) can seriously influence a Club or Coach’s decision about his future- there’s been months of anti-RDZ threads on NSC and now we are into speculating on who has replaced him - if NSCers want him gone, I would say this is going the right way about it imo because all this chatter feeds into social media and mainstream media as “Brighton fans say” …

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
At the end of the day, bmuff have billionaire investors who are willing to put in more money for transfers and more money on wages than Tony, and as we know there is a big correlation between these figures and league position. They have a more expensive squad and they will overtake us on wages next season.

It hurts to hear that but it's true.

Stadium size , revenue etc all fairly irrelevant in the world of EPL when you have crazy rich owners.
Wage levels are key, but you ignore sustainability.
@Hiheidi 's post of the Swiss Ramble 22/23 analysis shows £130m of player purchases against a revenue of £141m:

That's doable for a short while, but it's not sustainable even over the medium term regardless of how rich the owners are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Speaking of Richard Keys, never forget this gem:

"Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season."
Nor have I forgotten the ‘would you smash it’ comments.

Why anyone takes notice of the perverted old has been, I don’t know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here