Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This'll please the Hove Actually lot...

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2011/01/hove-mp-calls-for-boundary-signs-to-help-preserve-towns-identity/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hove MP calls for boundary signs to help preserve town’s identity

Out of interest though. Did any of you lot vote yet for the amalgamation of Brighton and Hove? Because my parents claim they have never met anybody who wanted us to become a city.

Well here's one - you can point them in my direction if you like.

I lived in one of the best districts of Hove at the time as well, but it is, and was the right thing to do.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can't say I know anyone who didn't think it was a good idea :shrug: I live overlooking boundary passage and to separate the two towns now would seem like madness.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
...also, I live in Brighton but thanks to boundary changes this chump is my MP. How does he justify this when he is MP for people in both towns?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This tool also wanted to be the first MP to wear an Iron Maiden t-shirt in the chambers AND organised some constituency curry competition as he wanted to know the best curry. I have no doubt he wears wacky ties as well.

The guy is an utter spastic.

Still, I guess his wife loves him.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Of course, the separate councils was one of the reasons that made the Archer/Stanley destruction of BHA and the Goldstone so easy.

Hove was traditionally known as West Brighton anyway.

In the days when people had to pay rates to their local council, I had some friends who lived in a ground floor flat in Norfolk Terrace, Brighton. They had a back garden that stretched beyond the borough boundary into Hove - and had to pay rates to BOTH councils. Hove Borough Council provided them with precisely NO services whatsoever.

Crazy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wall 'em up I say ! and make sure HB&B is inside

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2011/01/hove-mp-calls-for-boundary-signs-to-help-preserve-towns-identity/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hove MP calls for boundary signs to help preserve town’s identity

Out of interest though. Did any of you lot vote yet for the amalgamation of Brighton and Hove? Because my parents claim they have never met anybody who wanted us to become a city.

From memory, there was no consultation with us at any time. It was applied for by Brighton & Hove Council to the Government as The Queen awards city status every now and then during anniversary years and so on. Cant say I've seen any benefits for us (Joe Public), they have retained both town halls, and also have the large building, Kingsway House on the junction of Grand Avenue & Kingsway (which if sold could make millions given the location and could help balance the books). The only winners seem to have been The City Council continually expanding their Residents Parking scheme and each time they expand into an area (take Zone N for example - the Avenues, Church Road with the borderline at Sackville road) they then push free parking into the next area, in this case Poets Corner, New Church Road) following which they start writing to residents in that next zone insisting that their parking problems can be eradicated by the introduction of resident permits. As a sweetener, these new zones are offered the permits at half price following which they're hooked in and they move onto the next one. The case will be proven when it finally reaches Patcham/Withdean/WestDene

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
It's times like these that I like to remind myself of that lovely old Brighton saying: red sky at night, shepherds delight, red sky in the morning, oh good Hove's on fire.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's times like these that I like to remind myself of that lovely old Brighton saying: red sky at night, shepherds delight, red sky in the morning, oh good Hove's on fire.

Feeling is mutual....You do realise that we were in cahoots with Archer and Bellotti to get the ground moved into the Brighton area don't you? Us residents of BN3 were fed up with you lot lowering the tone of our peaceful jewel on the Sussex Riviera. Now when we visit The Amex at least we can try and have a positive effect by example upon East Brighton's residents by trying to get them to raise their standards to of those of Mile Oak.:lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Shirley the sun rises in the east so it would be Rottingdean that was on fire?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hasn't he got enough to do right now rather than fannying about with a town boundary? :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here