[Albion] This year's membership freebie!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Mine is in the bin. Insides are pushed so far in the plug doesn't reach the socket.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Mine's already been swooshed away to be a stocking filler for my son...

His also arrived today but hasn't been opened yet (he's still at school!) - I understand it's a mini football net and cones set.

It will be a huge disappointment. You might want to check it’s not broken. It would be no surprise as the packaging leaves a lot to be desired in terms of protecting its contents in travelling half way round the world.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It will be a huge disappointment. You might want to check it’s not broken. It would be no surprise as the packaging leaves a lot to be desired in terms of protecting its contents in travelling half way round the world.

It's reappearing tomorrow, as my older son opened his "12+" junior pack and got the same, instead of the pop-up net thing my younger son got. I can't really have Santa giving the same to my younger son now...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I was pleased to get a fixtures list to put on my wall.
Slightly disappointed it didn’t include a list of fixtures though.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
All very nice but think i will opt out next year. It must be costing the club a small fortune (yes i know, peanuts in the grand scheme of things) and as a cost cutting gesture i will not miss the annual "tin", i have three already. :shrug:

I think they're very cheaply made and probably not costing a small fortune bearing in mind the fee is £25. I highly doubt Barber would allow it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Mine arrived this afternoon. I haven't a clue what it is or what it's for. Please could someone tell me in non-technical lingo what I do with it and where do all the little plugs go (I'm assuming its on the computer somewhere but they don't seem to fit my little slots (ports?)!) I realise I'm taking the tag "dinosaur" to new levels here, but I'm genuinely stumped.

It seems to be something for a mobile phone - but I don't have one of those. Mine's not yet arrived - do we get a nice useful pen like 3-4 years ago?

What have others used their empty tin for? Last year's is sitting in the 'there must be some use for this' drawer......

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
We've got three MyAlbion+ members in our household, and two of them (my missus and one of my sons) received the card box with the new style graphics on it. Mine was in the older style tin. Presume they are using up old stock from last year hence some are in tins, others in card boxes.

FWIW I think it is a handy device and much better than many such "gifts" that come with membership schemes...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Would I ever use a freebie power bank and charging cables that I'd received through the post? Definitely not.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
It seems to be something for a mobile phone - but I don't have one of those. Mine's not yet arrived - do we get a nice useful pen like 3-4 years ago?

What have others used their empty tin for? Last year's is sitting in the 'there must be some use for this' drawer......

Crikey, Bodian, I thought I was the only person who's never owned a mobile phone! My two previous tins are, like yours, languishing in a drawer. As they're really thin this is not a problem. This year's just arrived in an Albion-themed cardboard box. Not sure what I'm going to do with the device (or the box!).

You do realise that it's a rechargeable battery to extend the usage time of you phone, or any other 5v device. Sorry if I've been whooshed.
Thank goodness I read this before I posted my letter to the club thanking them for the charging cable but complaining that the accompanying pocket diary was useless as the pages wouldn't open :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Mine's already been swooshed away to be a stocking filler for my son...

His also arrived today but hasn't been opened yet (he's still at school!) - I understand it's a mini football net and cones set.

Got ours today. Same.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I never received one in the end.

My boy got one Albion + member, but I didn't.

Not particularly bothered, but curious why that should be.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Handy bit of kit especially with my ageing phone on its last legs

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Should I expect to get one ( or two ) of these? I have 2 season tickets or have I missed / misunderstood the post?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports