Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This was just so very very wrong!

To change tack from all the talk of Bloom/Falmer funding/World domination, I was in my local pub last night and I saw something that nearly made me explode with rage.

Contrary to popular opinion, there are acutally more than one pub in London (Market Porter). My local in Eltham serves a wide range of real ales, including Tim Taylor, London Pride, Tribune, and Harveys (yes that's right, I said Harveys). As I sat there with Mrs Potter, (myself enjoying a pint of Sussex , and Mrs P a glass of pink fizz) after a hard days graft, a bloke came in and ordered a half pint of the same. "No problem with that" I hear you say. But he then proceeded to supplement this with a bottle of LOW ALCHOHOL BECKS!!!. This he then used to top up his Harveys to the full pint:censored::censored::censored:

Filthy cockney bastard!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He should have been turfed out of the place.

My wife and I popped into the Wellington in Shoreham for a pint - and Tuesday is apparently "Film Night". A flim was playing - with one bloke and the barman half watching. We didn't stay long. Having the telly on for anything other than football is the death of a pub.

D

Deleted User X18H

He should have been shot there and then no jury would have convicted a Lewes Assizes

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
A mate of mine from East Grinstead regularly orders the most ridiculous drink you can imagine. He drinks Kaliber shandy ! and is just as regularly asked "What is the fcuking point?"

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Go back and burn the place down.... :thumbsup:

Half of Harveys and a bottle of John Hop I could almost allow (having occasionally done that myself) but to sully the Sussex Nectar with that??? Could be a good case for using him as an effigy on Nov 5th?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
He should have been turfed out of the place.

My wife and I popped into the Wellington in Shoreham for a pint - and Tuesday is apparently "Film Night". A flim was playing - with one bloke and the barman half watching. We didn't stay long. Having the telly on for anything other than football is the death of a pub.

Wouldn’t have happened if Roy Chuter was still in charge - although the new landlady, Kimberly, is supposed to be quite fit.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Wouldn’t have happened if Roy Chuter was still in charge - although the new landlady, Kimberly, is supposed to be quite fit.

Fitter than RoyUSM ?? I find that rather hard to believe :clap2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A mate of mine from East Grinstead regularly orders the most ridiculous drink you can imagine. He drinks Kaliber shandy ! and is just as regularly asked "What is the fcuking point?"

There can be quite a lot of point in drinking a Kaliber shandy actually. Kaliber itself tastes pretty shit, but as a shandy it doesn't taste too much different from ordinary shandy. When I used to play in bands, I used to drink it quite a lot, especially if I was driving the van home afterwards.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
A true story courtesy of the fine people of eire,while on a fishing trip to dingle county kerry,we visited one of the many pubs and ordered our drinks a friend of mine sadly now passed asked the bartender for a budwieser top,the barman gave him a quizzicle look and shuffled off to the other end of the bar,not really paying much attention we chatted away as you do bullshitting about the size of what in reality we hadnt caught,i then noticed the guy was pouring my pal a pint of carlsberg lager,the oi mate not that was ignored and he continued to pour,then a inch away from the top of the glass he stopped and then to everybodies amazement topped it up with a inch worth of budwieser.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here