Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This team will go down as it stands. Some people need to wake up.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
No chance we'll get 10k pal...that's just not goner happen as ticket prices will drop drastically!

Reckon we'll get stuffed a fair few times this season sadly :(

You will not see gates higher than that to watch the likes of Fleetwood Town and Oldham Athletic in League One

Clearly at the tail end of a season if promotion was on the cards that would change, but generally speaking no.

Football fans are fickle, Brighton fans are even fickler

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Happy-Clapper fans, I have a serious question.

It's fine to call some of our fans bedwetters, but when should we get worried about it?!

August 30th @ 10PM when we still haven't brought anyone in? Do we worry about it when we're 5 points adrift at the bottom of the Championship in October? February 1st when we've shipped out the rest of or talented players and replaced them with L1 quality players?!

When?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There seems to be a reluctance on the part of Bloom and Burke not to pay the going rate for players. As a result we ve been outmanoeuvred, gazzumped, and generally made to look naive and well off the pace in the transfer market and have missed out on a shed load of players. What's left is the bargain basement, we're really going to struggle to get quality players in.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Perhaps PB should put on his best St Michael bomber jacket and come and press some flesh with the fans at a forum or two ??? Don't think he'll be seen for a while after the end of August...

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

It's fine to call some of our fans bedwetters, but when should we get worried about it?!

August 30th @ 10PM when we still haven't brought anyone in? Do we worry about it when we're 5 points adrift at the bottom of the Championship in October? February 1st when we've shipped out the rest of or talented players and replaced them with L1 quality players?!

When?

Well let's liken it to the crisis of the mid nineties shall we.

Said crisis point for the happy clappy brigade would have had to wait until we went into liquidation.

Thank **** they are they minority or we wouldn't have a club to support

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we lose against Leeds, then it will be very interesting at The Amex next Saturday, 4 games in with zero points against four average side, then I think it will be time to panic. This season is already starting to remind me of the relegation season when Coppell had to come in and try and save us after 12 games. But that was at Withdean, with no money and crowds of just over 6,000. It's not really like we have got an excuse this time round, apart from not being willing to compete with those around us, in the money stakes.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You will not see gates higher than that to watch the likes of Fleetwood Town and Oldham Athletic in League One

Clearly at the tail end of a season if promotion was on the cards that would change, but generally speaking no.

Football fans are fickle, Brighton fans are even fickler
How do you know how fickle our fans are?
The goldstone was a dump for bloody years and we haven't had a decent stadium of any sorts for 30 years.The point is you and nobody else actually has a clue to how fickle our modern day fan base is,just clutching at straws.

If people think we'll get 10k in league 1 then that's an opinion,but nobody hasn't a clue and my opinion is the same.
Would reading drop to 10k in league 1?unlikely...yet we have a fack load more fans than them.

Ifs and buts :)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

When?

Why do you not just get behind the team and accept that we are going through a bad patch. I would think the club are trying very hard to get players in. The club have a budget and it looks like players and agents want to much or as in the case of Ward, other clubs are stepping in. It may well be on the last day of the window that we see a few coming in as players options run out or they are willing to lower their wage demands. I think football on the whole is going through a transition as more and more clubs take a tighter line on wage demands. Yes there will be clubs who have a lot more money or who will gamble and pay over the odds, but Tony has drawn a line and good for him. The way forward is with the academy and growing our own talent.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
How do you know how fickle our fans are?
The goldstone was a dump for bloody years and we haven't had a decent stadium of any sorts for 30 years.The point is you and nobody else actually has a clue to how fickle our modern day fan base is,just clutching at straws.

If people think we'll get 10k in league 1 then that's an opinion,but nobody hasn't a clue and my opinion is the same.
Would reading drop to 10k in league 1?unlikely...yet we have a fack load more fans than them.

Ifs and buts :)

What average gates would you hedge your bets on then?

Merely conjecture of course

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
If we lose against Leeds, then it will be very interesting at The Amex next Saturday, 4 games in with zero points against four average side, then I think it will be time to panic. This season is already starting to remind me of the relegation season when Coppell had to come in and try and save us after 12 games. But that was at Withdean, with no money and crowds of just over 6,000. It's not really like we have got an excuse this time round, apart from not being willing to compete with those around us, in the money stakes.

And we still took it to the last game to get relegated with all the excuses under the sun we clearly don't have this time round.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods

This!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I would think the club are trying very hard to get players in

I used you try very hard to pull a fit bird of a night out

Sadly though I was distinctly lacking in both looks and personality.

Some times it just doesn't matter how hard you try

It's results that matter

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There seems to be a reluctance on the part of Bloom and Burke not to pay the going rate for players. As a result we ve been outmanoeuvred, gazzumped, and generally made to look naive and well off the pace in the transfer market and have missed out on a shed load of players. What's left is the bargain basement, we're really going to struggle to get quality players in.

The scary thing is that the longer it goes on, the more adrift with market rates we'll become and the faster will be the downward spiral.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Why do you not just get behind the team and accept that we are going through a bad patch. I would think the club are trying very hard to get players in. The club have a budget and it looks like players and agents want to much or as in the case of Ward, other clubs are stepping in. It may well be on the last day of the window that we see a few coming in as players options run out or they are willing to lower their wage demands. I think football on the whole is going through a transition as more and more clubs take a tighter line on wage demands. Yes there will be clubs who have a lot more money or who will gamble and pay over the odds, but Tony has drawn a line and good for him. The way forward is with the academy and growing our own talent.

I think most fans can accept that the academy will be the way forward in the long term. And that's absolutely fine. But I said it a few days ago, and I'll say it again, there is this thing hanging over Blooms shoulder now called expectation.

If we going to try and tread water in this division until the academy starts to bear fruit, again, I think most fans can handle it, but we DESERVE to be told.

And if that genuinely is the case, on what basis was Hyppia sold on our 'ambition'? Hanging around for the academy to beat fruit? I don't think so, do you?

So support the team, fine. Support the club, depends on who's running it! But there has been some monumental fvck up in our recruitment policy over the last 18 months, and the squad which had so much promise has been ripped to shreds in the process. So dress yourself up as a better fan because of your unbending loyalty or whatever you want to do, but this situation is a major cause for concern

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Although we are shite, with our best players sold and with a bang average manager, having not scored against two of the poorest teams in the division, I shall NOT panic.

Until hawk the seagull says we are allowed to. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here