Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This team will go down as it stands. Some people need to wake up.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I wouldn't go that far! Is that when you'll come back then Das?

Das will be back again when we have 4000 die hards. You cannot forget your roots. Times have moved on but I see where he is coming from when every single fan was important to the club and made a difference rather than being a number and someone to get maximum revenue from as it is now.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So Sami stood up for a while today. Those at the game have commented he sat on his seat for 95% of the game. Thanks Heavens for good old Nathan.

The same people said lee Clark stood up for the whole game and he is a bit mental maybe he is the kind if manager who would keep you happy

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn't go that far! Is that when you'll come back then Das?
I turned up for the sheff wed game smudge but couldn't be bothered to queue up at that ticket kiosk at 2.45pm with a queue that was going no where so went to Brighton for a beer, going back to the question yes I probably would come back ,the type of people I see out there don't fill me with confidence:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The same people said lee Clark stood up for the whole game and he is a bit mental maybe he is the kind if manager who would keep you happy

Well they won the game.The first home win in 10 months and 18 games.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well they won the game.The first home win in 10 months and 18 games.

I think I will come out of this thread now and concern myself with when the club are going to give our new guy the tools to stand a chance of competing in this division and leave you worrying about how much he sits down and waves

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Something needs to happen. Loads of recruits needed, at least 4. It's the quality of those recruits which will shape our season.

most managers need a whole pre-season to get their ideas over to the squad, we need half a first team coming in a month into the season....... Barrel scraping time.

If this was in happening in 99% of any other business, allowing half of the key staff of the business to walk without replacement, that Burk would be fired for gross misconduct

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
most managers need a whole pre-season to get their ideas over to the squad, we need half a first team coming in a month into the season....... Barrel scraping time.

If this was in happening in 99% of any other business, allowing half of the key staff of the business to walk without replacement, that Burk would be fired for gross misconduct

Comparing business activities to footballing decisions is pointless, because anything can happen in football (sorry if that sounds vague). Last year, for example, Oscar finished 6th. That happened in circumstances worse than Sami's, though he had a better squad to work with.

The situation we're in obviously isn't ideal, but there's still a chance we can turn things around. So I'm holding back judgment until the end of the transfer window, and after players settle in.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Is that what it has come to with our fans a manager just needs to stand up to avoid criticism. Every manager has their own style and he has already said he is not someone who will be parading about waving his hands about.

You don't have to wave your hands about and shout and scream, guidance is needed from the technical area from the manager especially when things are not going well

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We are 10-1 to be relegated. Definitely worth a punt I'd say as the winnings will ease the blow of dropping into league one.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
We were at exactly this point last season, except this year we have a win in the COC.

With regards to your "we're at the point of sign-whoever" how do you know? Or is it just conjecture like all this shit is?

Points wise we are at the same point as last year but the difference in quality of the squad now compared with what we had last year is massive. Last year we had the players to get us out of trouble. This year we quite clearly do not.

And if you honestly think that within the next 2 weeks we will magically obtain 4,5,6 quality players then you are living in cloud cockoo land.

And the 'sign em whoever' is obvious. There's literally days left of this transfer window and if we haven't managed to secure out 'top' targets by now then we won't. Because try have either gone elsewhere, we can't afford them, or we never really had any in the first place.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
We are in big trouble this season, make no mistake about that.

If we have the same squad of players on the 01 Sep as we do now I firmly believe we'll go down this year.

Part of me wishes we had a tougher opening. Forest, Norwich, Fulham etc. At least a hiding to nothing would have perhaps alerted the board.

I can only assume that with the mass clear out we've had the board really aren't aware of the ramifications of going down. For a start the loss of revenue would be huge. I sincerely hope they've not come to EXPECT gates of 25k plus. League One and I could see crowds of just 10,000 at The Amex. The club are playing a very dangerous game. The thing I find the most baffling is Blooms has allowed things to sink this low.

What is also pissing me off is the small minority who are unable to open there eyes to the problems. "Wait till the 01st of Sep" they keep saying. What makes you think we can achieve in the next 14 days something we've failed to since May?? Open your eyes.

Very well said!!

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
You're speaking like it's the end of the transfer window tonight. There's plenty of time, and everyone knows we need some new players; even the club believe it or not.

Yes, but now we will panic buy over inflated sub standard players. This should of been sorted earlier. The club have got it wrong this time!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perhaps in 4 or 5 years we'll see some Academy products coming through. Which division will we be in then? We need to strengthen now! 5 or 6 quality players are needed & they'd need time to bed in. With the dealings in the transfer window so far, I'm not confident. We've spent months waiting for new quality whilst our experienced and creative players depart.

If this is a transition, it is happening too quickly and is imbalanced, with the obvious outcome for all to see on the pitch. Football is a confidence game and performances and results need to improve before morale and belief seep away.

Where have Boro got their money from for example? Certainly not from match day revenue or final league placing in comparison to us? This could have all been avoided.

Most pessimistic since the Hinshelwood 12 game losing run.

It's worse because we beat Burnley & drew with Coventry to start with, so had some kind of optimism to lose.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Warren Aspinall who is part of our recruitment team made three statements yesterday that surprised me, as it could be taken as criticism of his bosses.

1. He stated that the club knew what players would and could be going and he stated that they should have got players in before letting the ones they sold go.

2. He said what is the point of a boot camp trip to Spain which is designed to bed players in, getting them used to their team mates and getting the team introduced to the teams style of play, when no new players had been brought in.

3. He feels that now as we get closer to the end of the window the club will end up paying more for the players they want because other clubs know our situation, how much money we have from sales, which will put the price up for whoever we are buying.

He said look at the way Birmingham have had to sell their best players this summer and have had to bring in 10 free signings all by the end of July, which he then said although not a good team the manager has had the whole pre season getting them to play as a unit. One that had just beaten us.

Point number 1 had me looking at the ins and outs since January of last seasons first team squad, I was amazed to realise we have let 14 players go and have brought in 6!!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I thought Aspinall talked a lot of sense yesterday. I don't know how influential he is in the recruitment process (and sometimes he talks nonsense) but he made some shrewd and highly relevant points, as the above poster has pointed out. Maybe it's time for Burke et al to take notice.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I thought Aspinall talked a lot of sense yesterday. I don't know how influential he is in the recruitment process (and sometimes he talks nonsense) but he made some shrewd and highly relevant points, as the above poster has pointed out. Maybe it's time for Burke et al to take notice.

Warren may get the same treatment as Zigor Aranalde and Mervyn Day from Burke if he is not careful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here