This team will go down as it stands. Some people need to wake up.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Pathetic. Reactionary. Pie, anyone?
"Nah. Cos at the time we was shocking and there was no signings and my sheets was moist. :tantrum: BURKE OUT. Ur a licker. :bla:"
Zzzzzzzzz
:wanker:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On Saturday I went to the Norwich v Watford game with a Hornet supporting mate. It was interesting to judge where the Albion are in comparison. Watford opened brightly with Vydra and Deeney looking very lively. Sadly any chance of a decent game went with a very early straight red card after a bad Watford foul on Redmond, who was a real handful.

Norwich looked very comfortable going forward with Grabban and Lafferty all showing very incisive play. I was quite impressed by Lafferty who easily took the ball past defenders despite his size (think of a leaner and quicker Ulloa). Grabban clearly has an eye for the goal and was dangerous throughout. Bradley Johnson scored a decent goal. Watford let Hoolahan have the run of the pitch. Norwich may not be the force many punters expect now that Fer has gone and Redmond might go too.

Watford never really had any luck in the game. What struck me was the pace at which both teams moved the ball to attackers and how quickly they got support forward by comparison to the Albion. I think both teams would have taken Leeds apart last night, possibly more clinically than ourselves. However Albion's performance last night greatly encouraged me that we would not get (as) battered by the more fancied teams as I feared.

Elliott Bennett had a brief cameo as a Sub and did ok but at 3-0 Norwich were already out of sight. Nice to see him get a warm reception from the home crowd after his long layoff. Keith Andrews came on as sub for Watford and instantly reminded me of his attributes by passing a simple 25 yard ball into row Z and also made a panicked clearance straight to an opposing forward about 15 yards from goal. Deja vu.

Finally for a 26k crowd Carrow Road was like a morgue and for much of the game it was the Watford fans who made the noise, which was a real surprise.

Thought he was extremely impressive in Norwich's poor effort last season. If he stays, he's my tip for Championship PotS; but it's more likely that he'll go.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Thought he was extremely impressive in Norwich's poor effort last season. If he stays, he's my tip for Championship PotS; but it's more likely that he'll go.

Redmond belongs in the Premier League, different class!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports