Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This summers free transfer list...

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Just looking at that list - yes please, we'll have Dani Alves and Glen Johnson to sort out the left back position, and James Milner and Danny Ings too, please. Trouble is, there's nothing 'free' at all about that list really, is there?

You'd still have agent fees and player signing on fees to pay, also some of the more in-demand players might expect a little bit more on their wages per week and these initial than you would normally pay, but not in all cases.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
As said in prevous post though, we do have money as we receive all 8 million from Ulloa in the summer (As currently we hadnt received any money from leicester for Ulloa), as they delayed payment until when they received payment for being a premiership side, also maybe the 2 million on top of if leicester stay up, be given to us also the buckley fee is also due to us at the end of the season.
So we will have fair amount of funds available as well as a lot of wages free.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe we could get him for a reasonably small fee if they go down and have to trim wages ?

Burnley players wages doubled on promotion but revert back on relegation so perhaps they would accept a fee to cover what they have spent as he has been injured and not played much for them. Problem is if they are relegated he could be an asset for them in the Championship.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As said in prevous post though, we do have money as we receive all 8 million from Ulloa in the summer (As currently we hadnt received any money from leicester for Ulloa), as they delayed payment until when they received payment for being a premiership side, also maybe the 2 million on top of if leicester stay up, be given to us also the buckley fee is also due to us at the end of the season.
So we will have fair amount of funds available as well as a lot of wages free.

A big chunk of the money for Ulloa and Buckley has gone towards making sure we've complied with FFP rules for 2014/2015 so I don't expect there to be a massive war chest handed over to CH.

A big chunk of the money for Ulloa and Buckley has gone towards making sure we've complied with FFP rules for 2014/2015 so I don't expect there to be a massive war chest handed over to CH.
Or maybe put this as "......towards controlling the losses for 2014/15.......", just as the monies received from the sales of Barnes and Bridcutt were used in 2013/14? That'll after any remaining contract amortisation (depreciation) and fees (eg 'profit' sell-on clauses) due to their previous clubs have been deducted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Granted but would it be excessive or affordable also would the club consider buying him after his turn around last year.
Would you hold the fact someone made the best choice for their future, against them?

The deal with Burnley was 2 or 3 times above the Albion's wage structure (PB Roar - last week) what makes you think Stephen Ward will now be affordable.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Free's and youth development players being given a chance is what I'm expecting. Not foreseeing a huge amount spent on fees to be honest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Ward he was offered the same as when he was at Wolves which was said to be £17k as Burnley have a clause in their contracts reverting to the original that would suggest that it is halved, assuming he has the same clause in his contract, that takes it down to about £8k which is average for The Championship.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You'd still have agent fees and player signing on fees to pay, also some of the more in-demand players might expect a little bit more on their wages per week and these initial than you would normally pay, but not in all cases.
Yes, that's what I said: "There's nothing 'free' at all about that list really".

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
im not, i expect a sensible amount to be available to bring in targets. the more frees and bargins the better, but for two or three positions (especailly striker) the club must now recognise they need to be spending. and while i dont follow it closely enough, i gather we're freeing up some of the higher wages so can afford to pay some.

Me too.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Free's and youth development players being given a chance is what I'm expecting. Not foreseeing a huge amount spent on fees to be honest.

Then we're in for another season of disappointment.

Can't see this policy myself - the 1901s are up for renewal at the end of next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here