Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is what Juve thought of Liverpool's friendship banner

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Can't blame them to be honest. If i was there and saw loads of Liverpool fans charging towards me with knives i dont think id be very forgiving!!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
wasn't all of them anyway. Many reports (including the ones that focused on the negative reactions) stated that the majority of Juve fans applauded the various efforts Liverpool fans made.

Anyway, as one Liverpool fan said, He's never going to forgive the Yorkshire police so he doesn't expect all Juve fans to forgive them.

Cairnsinho

Jul 14, 2003
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Can't blame them to be honest. If i was there and saw loads of Liverpool fans charging towards me with knives i dont think id be very forgiving!!!

Please explain?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
alan partridge said:
wasn't all of them anyway. Many reports (including the ones that focused on the negative reactions) stated that the majority of Juve fans applauded the various efforts Liverpool fans made.

Anyway, as one Liverpool fan said, He's never going to forgive the Yorkshire police so he doesn't expect all Juve fans to forgive them.

spot on.:clap:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Scarface said:
Some of the Juve fans had guns that night.

I have heard the stories of the Mickey's and there mate Stanley, but from what I have read Liverpool charged the wall that night and it collapsed.

Also there always seem to be the stories kicking around that the Scallies got a good going over in Rome the year before when they played Roma in the final and we out to get the next Italian team they played.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Cairnsinho said:
Please explain?

Well imagine it, picture the scene - you were at Heysel, with family, friends, having a good day out. Suddenly English hooligans who'd been "drinking and singing loudly" all day running at you with concrete, and anything to cause 28 people to die that day, maybe even someone you knew died. I'm normally quite a forgiving person, but i dont think i could forgive too lightly.

Granted, sticking your fingers up at a b anner asking for forgivness isnt the best thing to do by any measure, but i'm sure the memories would still be there.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Well imagine it, picture the scene - you were at Heysel, with family, friends, having a good day out. Suddenly English hooligans who'd been "drinking and singing loudly" all day running at you with concrete, and anything to cause 28 people to die that day, maybe even someone you knew died. I'm normally quite a forgiving person, but i dont think i could forgive too lightly.

Granted, sticking your fingers up at a b anner asking for forgivness isnt the best thing to do by any measure, but i'm sure the memories would still be there.

thats a fair point, you could go on all day fighting either corner cos they r both right in a way, at the end of the day it boils down to personal opinion and we all no not every has the same opinion in life, case closed me thinks.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
thats a fair point, you could go on all day fighting either corner cos they r both right in a way, at the end of the day it boils down to personal opinion and we all no not every has the same opinion in life, case closed me thinks.

Fair enough :)

Someone was jsut asking for an explanation, and i gave it, thats all it was.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Fair enough :)

Someone was jsut asking for an explanation, and i gave it, thats all it was.

i wernt having a pop just merely stating that in a way either argument is correct, no offence intended.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Uncle Buck said:
I have heard the stories of the Mickey's and there mate Stanley, but from what I have read Liverpool charged the wall that night and it collapsed.

Also there always seem to be the stories kicking around that the Scallies got a good going over in Rome the year before when they played Roma in the final and we out to get the next Italian team they played.
Liverpool charged a 'neutral' section next to theirs and then the Juve fans at the other end invaded the pitch to take on the Liverpool fans. Was a picture in the Times yesterday of a Juve fan with a pistol in his hand.

Cairnsinho

Jul 14, 2003
Please don't patronise me by asking me to "picture the scene".

I'm not going to get into a discussion about what may or may not have gone on at Heysel 20 years ago. Arguments about the safety of the venue, segregation etc. have been turned over and over. Provocation was, and still is, no excuse for the events that unfolded.

However, throw away comments on subjects like this piss me off beyond belief. From my view there were only around 6 rows of fans (at the front, alleged to be mainly Ultra's) who turned their backs on the memorial efforts yesterday evening, the majority of Juve fans applauded the banner presentation and mosaic during the minutes silence.

An apology was offered, and forgiveness sought, but nobody could complain if that forgiveness wasn't forthcoming, and as far as I'm aware nobody did.

Many Liverpool boards today have recieved posts from Juventus fans apologising for the behaviour of the minority, aknowledging the efforts on the night that will hopefully go some way to providing a safer passage for supporters making the trip to Turin for the return leg.

YNWA

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Basically it's another attempt for Liverpool fans to appear whiter than white when infact a rather large minority are the scum of the earth and murderers.

If I was a Juve fan my middle fingers would be aching after holding them aloft for the full 90mins...

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What makes this bad run even more frustating is...

...the lack of an one to blame!!!

We've really had some piss poor luch recently with suspensions, injuries and blind refs!

All I want to do it point the finger of blame at someone but I can't honestly think of who?

Please help!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
ok what the f*** hapened there?

This board really is shagged!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here