Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This heatwave

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hilarious stuff, I read it might reach 32 today and health warnings are being issued - for ****'s sake folks, 32, that almost warm enough to go to the beach!

People are dying, yes it's a great laugh. :wozza:

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
All of u stfu and enjoy who gives a shit what its called. Im more tanned than ive ever been and cannot believe it PLEASE LAST PLEAAAASSE

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
can we stop calling it heat wave and call it summer time. just saying like

I'm loving the
image.jpg

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Its a totally different heat here though compared to the US or Aus. It feels much hotter at a lower temp because its not a dry heat.

Nov 27, 2009
To those of you attempting to belittle glorious Sussex's wonderful summer, try getting a life!
Yes those places are geographically hotter, big deal, and you chose to live there, but please, grow up.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
To those of you attempting to belittle glorious Sussex's wonderful summer, try getting a life!
Yes those places are geographically hotter, big deal, and you chose to live there, but please, grow up.

Yeah this.

UK homes are designed to keep heat in. Walls are padded with insulation. People rarely have have AC, ceiling fans, pools etc. The heat wave warnings are for the elderly and the young.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It reached 119F here the other day (that's 48C, kids). No rails buckled (not that we have any railway lines); no-one was driving around with their windows down, and there were no norks on display at the beach.

Reading NSC can be so alienating at times.

been to Death valley yet?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It reached 119F here the other day (that's 48C, kids). No rails buckled (not that we have any railway lines); no-one was driving around with their windows down, and there were no norks on display at the beach.

Reading NSC can be so alienating at times.

how long does it take you to get to the beach from Phoenix???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i try not to moan about the heat despite that its losing me some work...i remind myself of those dark dank november days when u want the sun on yur back

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
I love how warm weather in the UK is classed as a "heatwave" and everywhere else it is called summer. This is what summer weather should be like. Much preferable to 16c and overcast.

I also choose to disagree with the earlier poster when they described houses with walls filled with insulation, designed to keep heat in. Very few houses these days - or any days for that matter - seem to have been constructed with cavity (wall) insulation. Fibreglass insulation in attics and walls helps maintain a consistent level of temperature year round so you don't bake too much in the heat or freeze too much in the winter. If more British homes were properly insulated, winters would be warmer and summers more comfortable. Alas this does not seem to be the case.

Last edited:

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
My only fear about this "heatwave" is that it continues til the summer holiday starts and the kids will start running around screaming enjoying themselves :shootself

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I love how warm weather in the UK is classed as a "heatwave" and everywhere else it is called summer. This is what summer weather should be like. Much preferable to 16c and overcast.

I also choose to disagree with the earlier poster when they described houses with walls filled with insulation, designed to keep heat in. Very few houses these days - or any days for that matter - seem to have been constructed with cavity (wall) insulation. Fibreglass insulation in attics and walls helps maintain a consistent level of temperature year round so you don't bake too much in the heat or freeze too much in the winter. If more British homes were properly insulated, winters would be warmer and summers more comfortable. Alas this does not seem to be the case.

somewhere in the middle of 16 and 30 would be preferable though

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Five days of 80 degrees and it's a heatwave ffs.
Jesus Christ if this country ever experiences a proper heatwave I don't hold out much hope :-(

It has, in 1976.
Three months ( unbroken ) of weather like this...the whole of June...the whole of July....and the whole of August.
Now thats what I call a decent spell of weather.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here