Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This clubs needs a complete overhaul

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For me, the Summer cannot come soon enough.

The club needs a complete overhaul - from manager and coaching staff all the way down to the way the club is marketed to the local community.

We had the chance last year of getting rid of the dead wood but for whatever reason it never really happened.

This season we have SHED loads of players out of contract. We need to be RUTHLESS with them.

For me, Sullivan, Whing, Elphick, Murray, Forster and McNulty are the only players I would be sad to see leave.

I wasn't anti Slade when he got given the job but very much hoped it was a short-term appointment.

We need a new manager, a new coaching staff and LOTS of new players. We are going down. As a man far greater than me once wrote: "The football season IS over."

MK Dons showed today the sort of inventiveness in attracting new fans which we have NEVER had. Just little things like the TAT on sale in the club shop, the ridiculous pricing of tickets, the inability to even try and get new fans on board REEKS of non-league.

The club is taking a massive step back in heading to League 2 but Knight et al should see it as a huge chance to start this club from a fresh and really push on to Falmer in STYLE and set up some decent foundations for the next ten years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Deep down you know it's not going to happen, don't you?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Who's going to want to come to a piss poor league 2 club, no-one thats better than what we've got atm.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But it is a REAL chance to. Relegation would validate the huge changes this club needs.

I also think, however harsh it might be to get rid of Slade considering the impossible position he took on, that it is vital to get someone new a fresh in.

This club now has a terrible atmosphere of resignation and fragility about it. We need someone to come in who is unaffected by this season's goings on. Someone who can lift the whole club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The fact that names like Hart, Mayo, Loft, Dixon are creeping back into the equation shows how low we've sunk. Time to get serious and start building a team with a bit of fire in its belly. Wipe the slate clean, start again with FDM and Whing and rebuild from there.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would even let Kuipers go.

He is a decent keeper but must be on a fair wedge. I can see costs having to be cut drastically if we go down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that names like Hart, Mayo, Loft, Dixon are creeping back into the equation shows how low we've sunk. Time to get serious and start building a team with a bit of fire in its belly. Wipe the slate clean, start again with FDM and Whing and rebuild from there.

I'm sure you meant to include Glenn Murray in that rebuilding base :laugh:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
only a couple of players fit to wear the shirt on todays performance - Whingy and Chef.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This isn't the first time we have all asked for a clearout is it?
You can bet we will put loyalty first and keep the harts and mayo's of this world:angry:

Its all to predictable:mad:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Muzza will be jumping ship.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The worry is, going down could make a stronger case for keeping some of the crap players on and letting the better (more costly) ones leave.

I hope Knight et al see sense.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'd expect Murray to stay, if only for a short while.

With his injury record teams will probably want to take a look at him getting a dozen games under his belt next season before offering the sort of money I would HOPE we would hold out for.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'll probably get shot down here but, I wouldn't be to displeased to see Murray go. Yeh he's a good player, but how many times this season has he played to his potential? and he's just a sick note...

I'd snap other clubs hand of for 300k + for him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'll probably get shot down here but, I wouldn't be to displeased to see Murray go. Yeh he's a good player, but how many times this season has he played to his potential? and he's just a sick note...

I'd snap other clubs hand of for 300k + for him.

People have very short memories. He was carrying this team earlier on in the season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cardiff will be taking him off our hands for £100k as we'll need the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here