Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This 7/7 Inquest...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Is it useful to televise the fact that the emergency services were agressive to each other? That a firemen thought paramedics are just bus drivers to remove injured people to hospital?

Not good imho!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If it is a public inquest to find the truth then the truth is in the public's interest.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Even the professionals can say the wrong thing when under the stress of a situation like 7/7.

We all reckon we'd know how to react but would we really when faced with such carnage?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is the truth really in the public interest?

I think your posts are for the vast majority of the time spot on, this post however is borderng on stupidity and is most certainly naive.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Is it useful to televise the fact that the emergency services were agressive to each other? That a firemen thought paramedics are just bus drivers to remove injured people to hospital?

Not good imho!

Televise not... but if we can improve and save life's if this happens again then it's got to be good, although whether this lot are capable of making the improvements is debatable.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can someone explain to me why we are having a public inquest at all?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is the truth really in the public interest?

is the fact that members of certain organisations cared more for "elf an safety" and their own welfare, rather than going to aid of causalties? or that basic communication and distribution of information was ineffective? yep, thats in the public interest.

WHY do these inquests happen so long after the event?
I suspect, in this case, that there has been a hell of a lot of agonising about what sort of evidence was relevant. And a lot of cross-checking of witness statements. And a lot of pre-inquest arguments between lawyers.

There seems to be evidence emerging that some of the victims died because of what happened after the bombs went off, rather than the bombings themselves. If that is the case, I guess it's important to establish the facts.

Or is it? That's one of the questions that might have been exercising the lawyers for the past few years.

is the fact that members of certain organisations cared more for "elf an safety" and their own welfare, rather than going to aid of causalties?
Maybe they were just following agreed procedures, rather than their own feelings?

All emergency services operate according to agreed procedures. That's how teamwork is achieved. If the procedures turn out to have been catastrophically flawed, it's not the fault of the individual fire service personnel, or ambulance crews, or police officers. And it's not necessarily the fault of the people who drew up the procedures either - since it's impossible to test everything before real incidents happen.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There are questions such as why it took the underground officials so long to confirm the track power was turned off, why were there not more ambulances on scene to transport casualties to hospital etc. An inquest, if succesful can address some of these issues and hopefuly make changes to improve procedures. As LB pointed out this is hard to do until a real life incident occurs.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The thing that has struck me most about the inquest so far is that 2 of the tube bombers managed to get a SEAT.

How did they do that?

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Having been on the network that morning (in one of the trains behind the Aldgate one if I remember rightly), I am finding it very interesting. There has always been about 30-45 unaccounted for minutes in event timelines in the media, and now that delay is explained.

The time the explosions happened, and the time the alert was raised was delayed due to a mix of incredulity and misguided protectionism... whilst little comfort to those who lost friends and family, I have spent the last few years wondering if I was going mad, and am very interested in seeing i's dotted and t's crossed.

It's very much in the public interest! How many of those lives could have been saved if the Underground had worked out how to get radios to work, instead of wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds on some half-arsed aircon system on the victoria line.

Likewise with response times and response plans.

Why it has taken 5 years to come to this is beyond me. You could have asked me on the evening of the 7th in 2005 and I could have told the inquest most of this stuff!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Jesus, ive read some old shit in my time but this breaks new ground

Same statement goes for you. Is publishing the truth to the entire world a good thing? Is it not better that it is left to the emergency services and MI5/6 or whomever to deal with behind closed doors?

How helpful is it that a firefighter viewed the first arriving ambulance man as simple a means to ferry people to hospital?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Same statement goes for you. Is publishing the truth to the entire world a good thing? Is it not better that it is left to the emergency services and MI5/6 or whomever to deal with behind closed doors?

How helpful is it that a firefighter viewed the first arriving ambulance man as simple a means to ferry people to hospital?

Because public accountability is one of the factors that ensures the lessons are learnt rather than just swept under the carpet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here