Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Third Albion Covid-19 case?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The thing is, he's only said it once, hasn't he? And because he was the first the whole media jumped on it and now we're the first to be mentioned every time this whole situation is brought up. Others have said the same - Watford, Villa, haven't Bournemouth too?

It's easy for the teams with nothing to play for/up the top to criticise but at the end of the day those scrapping for survival will always be more vocal as there's so much riding on it. It's all very rich of them anyway as the only reason they want to restart is for financial reasons. Same reason we want it to be fair - financial reasons and costs of going down.

“At this stage of the season there is self-interest at every level of the table. There is as much self-interest at the top as there is at the bottom, there is as much self-interest in the middle as there is at the bottom. Everyone has different objectives for the season and we are all looking to play out the season, if it is safe to do so.

“We really do want to play and we want to make sure the competition stays as fair as it can be despite these exceptional circumstances that we are facing.”

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Be interesting to see what happens if one club is forced to pull out of any fixtures because of ' squad isolation ' as has already happened in Germany with Dynamo Dresden. Will these games still be played at a later date? Or if one or more clubs feels unable to participate due to any particular circumstances ( e.g neutral venues...date of restart...etc )
So many imponderables. One thing is certain, whilst this virus continues to infect thousands, many will not feel comfortable with a restart.

If they insist on pursuing the idea of a resumption in the next few months, it's highly likely this will happen to more than one club. They will just have to delay those clubs fixtures by a few weeks each time a squad gets infected. Surely this will more likely hinder any chance of a fresh season for 2020/21 possibly commencing in August.

It will be farcical if the season resumes and then has to stop again after 2 or 3 weeks if several squads develop infections, which is another reason I personally feel the season should end now. I know others think differently but thats just my view.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Lives near Hove Park.

He lives nr upper dicker which is about 4 miles from Hailsham. The population where he lives is probrually under 100 and there all biggish houses with sizable gardens. Quite easy for him to self isolate .

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Also what happens if they do start behind closed doors some players from all clubs have gone back to there own countries and if you can get a plane back they would then have to do 14 days quarantine just end it as much as i love the game id much rather everyone was safe supporters players everyone.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I look forward to hear i.e. Crystal Palace fans and other safe teams laughing in the direction of Brighton try to argue on how the concept of "least number of Covid-19 infected players win" dont threaten the integrity of the competition.

I doubt any Palace fan will be doing whatever you’re on about, whatever it meant.

You can be somewhat odd on here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I doubt any Palace fan will be doing whatever you’re on about, whatever it meant.

You can be somewhat odd on here.

It was very poorly written. This is what I was trying to say:

I look forward to hear i.e. Crystal Palace fans and other safe teams laughing in the direction of Brighton, and trying to argue that the concept of "least number of Covid-19 infected players win" dont threaten the integrity of the competition.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So many Leeds and Liverpool fans think that we're faking it. There really are some cretins in the world.

It's been said elsewhere, but if we wanted to disrupt the season, announcing a new case two weeks into pre-season training would be the way to go.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've been against restarting since day one: it's not safe, and no sport should be 'more important' than beating this virus and saving lives.

However I'm now starting to think it would be best if we did restart, and then have to abandon after a couple of games, when several players/officials etc test positive. (assuming they all recover of course).

Then we won't be blamed.

Because at the moment, the way it's panning out in parts of the media and amongst other clubs' fans is that "it's all Brighton's fault", and we're cheats deliberately sabotaging the season.

And no amount of reasoned debate or explanation is going to change that narrative for them.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I've been against restarting since day one: it's not safe, and no sport should be 'more important' than beating this virus and saving lives.

However I'm now starting to think it would be best if we did restart, and then have to abandon after a couple of games, when several players/officials etc test positive. (assuming they all recover of course).

Then we won't be blamed.

Because at the moment, the way it's panning out in parts of the media and amongst other clubs' fans is that "it's all Brighton's fault", and we're cheats deliberately sabotaging the season.

And no amount of reasoned debate or explanation is going to change that narrative for them.
It would be a disaster to restart if we drop into the bottom 3 after 2 games, at which point the season is abandoned.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Being that it is only the bottom six clubs that are against a restart does smack of relegation fears being priority.
I am not in the neutral venues camp and think we should pay attention to what happens in the German League over the next coupe of weeks and maybe follow their example.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So many Leeds and Liverpool fans think that we're faking it. There really are some cretins in the world.

On the plus side its great little old Albion are managing to wind up so many Leeds and Liverpool fans.
What a spectacular win win.

Thoughts and prayers etc etc

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Think my Albion chum made an astute comment last night...."have you noticed how the fans that want the season restarted are mostly armchair and the fans that just want it binned are mostly those that actually go to football"

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It was very poorly written. This is what I was trying to say:

I look forward to hear i.e. Crystal Palace fans and other safe teams laughing in the direction of Brighton, and trying to argue that the concept of "least number of Covid-19 infected players win" dont threaten the integrity of the competition.

Still incomprehensible gibberish.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I do sometimes believe our CEO’s openness backfires. We’re getting a lot of stick at the moment.

It's nice when you reach the point of not caring, mind. Who cares what a few Liverpool and Leeds United scrotes say ? I should imagine most folk understand that clubs would naturally fight to protect their position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here