Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Third Albion Covid-19 case?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It was very poorly written. This is what I was trying to say:

I look forward to hear i.e. Crystal Palace fans and other safe teams laughing in the direction of Brighton, and trying to argue that the concept of "least number of Covid-19 infected players win" dont threaten the integrity of the competition.

Just in case you didn't know, Mr. Putdown is a Palace admirer as is Little Al, who is the one who gave Mr. Putdown a thumbs up on his posting.

As far as I'm aware they are both homeless, which is why they spend so much of their free time on a rivals Forum.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just in case you didn't know, Mr. Putdown is a Palace admirer as is Little Al, who is the one who gave Mr. Putdown a thumbs up on his posting.

As far as I'm aware they are both homeless, which is why they spend so much of their free time on a rivals Forum.

Wait ...what!
Mr Putdown is palace?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Still incomprehensible gibberish.

I think the point is if lots of teams are missing Covid-19 infected players it ruins the integrity of the competition. If for example Brighton were worst hit and lost Ryan, Dunk and a few other keys players for a number of games and got relegated as a result it wouldn’t seem fair.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In the light of last night's announcement I fail to see how any football can restart at any ground. It's quite clear you can only return to work if you can socially distance and have protective measures put in place by your employer. That's the current "train by yourself at the ground" situation in a nutshell, but you can't socially distance if you play training matches or drills let alone actual matches,

Based on what Boris was saying July would be the earliest possible for Project Restart. That's a simple fact. Doesn't matter if you are Brighton, Palace, Leeds or Liverpool. That's how it is and then ONLY if the R remains in the right place. Of course, in July many players are out of contract and clubs would normally be preparing for next season :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In Swedish Aftonbladet they say its one of the coaches who tested positive. No clue where they got that from or if that changes anything.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Being that it is only the bottom six clubs that are against a restart does smack of relegation fears being priority.
I am not in the neutral venues camp and think we should pay attention to what happens in the German League over the next coupe of weeks and maybe follow their example.

a) none have said they are against restarting (in fact all clubs have signed a statement claiming to be in favour of restarting the competition when it is safe to do so and when the integrity of the competition can be preserved).

b) reports this morning put it as 8 clubs against the neutral venue part of "project restart"

c) What exactly should the priority be? It clearly isn't fans because the league is talking about restarting without fans in attendance. If it's money then how can the fear of relegation not be a major driving force for the teams who are most in danger of it - it will be a massive drop in revenue at a time when the economic impact of the pandemic isn't fully known and could have repercussions on the future health of those clubs just as much as not re-starting could have on some clubs. Money is the driving force behind every team's position on "project restart". Relegation massively impacts on money, more so than almost anything else, so of course it is going to be a major concern for any team in the bottom third, I suspect similar money-based motivation for teams that could potentially get into Europe. If it's integrity of the game... what if that the relegation comes about because of the change in how the competition is being played for the final 9 games. we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season, change the format of the competition (no home advantage, 5 subs, etc) and it's a different competition and those changes could be the contributing factor in us going down when history has shown our ability to stay up when the competition is consistently formatted. If it's player safety, why is the restart being discussed at all right now given social distance regulations still in place and the impracticality of maintaining such practices in a football environment?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sky Sports News stoking the fire. They keep saying that the bottom six want relegation scrapped for the league to continue. I don't recall ANY club saying that, other than a caveat if neutral venues are used. The way SSN are reporting it infers the bottom 6 want relegation scrapped whatever.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sky Sports News stoking the fire. They keep saying that the bottom six want relegation scrapped for the league to continue. I don't recall ANY club saying that, other than a caveat if neutral venues are used. The way SSN are reporting it infers the bottom 6 want relegation scrapped whatever.
There is some vicious briefing going on behind the scenes against any team that won't hand wave away any reservations about the restart-at-all-costs plan.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

and Paul Barber clearly stated on one of the press sessions that no club had raised this at any of the Premier League meetings.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Rather unsurprisingly Sky Sports reporting negatively on anyone or anything that threatens to stop them broadcasting live football again.

They also have Carragher on the team as well who when not spitting at children can throw more fuel on the fire from his various newspaper columns and TV interviews

We can look forward to a lot more of this narrative as we are demonised for standing our ground

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Unfortunately, Albion's media-helpful approach has backfired in that open, honest answers from Barber are being held against the club. Whereas clubs that have said nothing of course escape any censure.

Some Sheffiled United-supporting pranny on Twitter yesterday was giving it large against us, but if they had been in our league position you can be absolutely certain that he would have been solidly against neutral venues.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
While the Albion should continue doing press conferences, it is possibly better now to answer any questions from the press about PL restart with "we will not be answering that because anything we say will be twisted and misrepresented as just us wanting to avoid relegation". And keep repeating that.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
a) none have said they are against restarting (in fact all clubs have signed a statement claiming to be in favour of restarting the competition when it is safe to do so and when the integrity of the competition can be preserved).

b) reports this morning put it as 8 clubs against the neutral venue part of "project restart"

c) What exactly should the priority be? It clearly isn't fans because the league is talking about restarting without fans in attendance. If it's money then how can the fear of relegation not be a major driving force for the teams who are most in danger of it - it will be a massive drop in revenue at a time when the economic impact of the pandemic isn't fully known and could have repercussions on the future health of those clubs just as much as not re-starting could have on some clubs. Money is the driving force behind every team's position on "project restart". Relegation massively impacts on money, more so than almost anything else, so of course it is going to be a major concern for any team in the bottom third, I suspect similar money-based motivation for teams that could potentially get into Europe. If it's integrity of the game... what if that the relegation comes about because of the change in how the competition is being played for the final 9 games. we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season, change the format of the competition (no home advantage, 5 subs, etc) and it's a different competition and those changes could be the contributing factor in us going down when history has shown our ability to stay up when the competition is consistently formatted. If it's player safety, why is the restart being discussed at all right now given social distance regulations still in place and the impracticality of maintaining such practices in a football environment?

A moral booster for folks watching from home and will finally draw a line under it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A moral booster for folks watching from home and will finally draw a line under it.

"Yeah, everyone risk your health and safety, and potentially ruin some football clubs, or at least do some long term damage to them, because it's more important I can watch a bit of footie and relieve my boredom. Why aren't you all approaching negotiations with your primary concern being my morale?!?!?!?!?".

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
He lives nr upper dicker which is about 4 miles from Hailsham. The population where he lives is probrually under 100 and there all biggish houses with sizable gardens. Quite easy for him to self isolate .

Sorry, the other poster was correct he lives in Hove Park area along the road from me. Basically demolished the previous house and rebuilt from ground level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here