Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think Pulis can safely be ruled out..

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
As I have posted many times 3 or 4 weeks ago Pulis told a mutual friend he would not be interested in us under our present recruitment system so we may have just sounded him or his agent out in case needed.
Then went and sacked our head of recruitment!! Same source said Burke was on his way about a month ago, but we couldn't afford to sack Sami and Burke.

Personally I think Pullis is lined up for one of the up-coming Premiership jobs. Would love it to be him though.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Then went and sacked our head of recruitment!! Same source said Burke was on his way about a month ago, but we couldn't afford to sack Sami and Burke.

Personally I think Pullis is lined up for one of the up-coming Premiership jobs. Would love it to be him though.

Pulis is hanging around for the Wales Job I understand - doesn't want a long term contract

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Its Chris Houghton .... will be announced tomorrow pm.

Reminder that this bloke is a Palace troll. Bozza traced photos of him in Palace colours in a Facebook account linked to the email address he registered with,

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Reminder that this bloke is a Palace troll. Bozza traced photos of him in Palace colours in a Facebook account linked to the email address he registered with,

Indeed. Just so that he won't be tempted to further wind up Albion fans who don't know he's Palace, I've given him a week's all expenses paid holiday from NSC, cos that's the nice kind of guy I am.

It's one thing for Palace fans whose allegiance is clear making well considered posts about our managerial situation; quite another for someone trying to come in under the radar (albeit rather stupidly as in this poster's case) and posting BS designed merely to provoke.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite inclined to agree with this. Has the dilly dallying of the board cost us the Pullis opportunity?

I agree the board is taking it's time, but were we ever in with a chance of Pulis?
He may have talked to us, and listened, but, imo, I think he would always want far too much money. He can name his price.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I would have liked Pulis, but at the same time would be happy with Hughton, as he is a step up from our last three managers with regard to his experience in managing in the top two divisions.
I imagine he has the contacts that could bring in quality players in January, which in my opinion is so important to us staying in the Championship.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I agree the board is taking it's time, but were we ever in with a chance of Pulis?
He may have talked to us, and listened, but, imo, I think he would always want far too much money. He can name his price.

I guess time will tell. I don't think we're going too far out of our league with Pullis - unsigned for 6 months with a club of massive potential on your trail - that would be attractive for most managers outside of top 7 prem. I just feel the amount of time it took for the realisation of Hyypia's resignation to take effect has cost us now with 3 or possibly 4 premiership clubs in the market for a manager.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Well if we had sacked him after mil wall we could have probably got him..

I don’t think there was any probably about it. There is a massive difference between battling relegation in the Prem with a full squad of fairly good quality players with failure meaning dropping to the respected Champ, compared to battling relegation with a Championship club with half a squad, a mish mash of players with failure meaning League One.

There are always 3 or 4 Prem jobs that become available and for someone of his age and experience, his time would be wasted committing to a club in our position.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Don't want Pulis as I guarantee that knowing our luck, we will be the first club he has ever been relegated with............... " the club that took Pulis down !!! "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here