Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Things you've eaten that have contained bugs.... my pizza tonight

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Had a fried "something" in rice from an Indian once. It was either a moth or a cockroach. Probably the latter.
Lobbed it in the bin, thanked my good fortune for finding it before I ate it and continued with my takeaway (which was otherwise delicious).

I also had a nut in my beans on toast in a cafe in Whitehawk. Not a walnut or hazelnut type of nut, a metal M6 nut which had fallen off the grill into the beans. Nearly broke a tooth and when I mentioned it the old girl that ran the place just said "Oh I wondered where that landed"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As a child I used to east bugs deliberately. And snails. Just pick them out of the park or garden and chomp away. As a result I can now eat things that would make a Billy goat puke. And often do.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
That’s the ones.

I just couldn’t.

Are they called Uloop or something?

Balut

balut.PNG

Yum!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
You can get venison in most supermarkets here and certainly in any good restaurant in winter. It's good but not considered exotic here. Had pig everything, including brains, in Asia again. It's the ultimate nose to tail and inside to out animal where eating is concerned. Needs to be fresh though.

How was the bear? I'm thinking tough unless flash fried?

As I recall, yeah it was kind of tough and really wasn't that good but I didn't want to look like a puss so I got it all down:lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As a child I used to east bugs deliberately. And snails. Just pick them out of the park or garden and chomp away. As a result I can now eat things that would make a Billy goat puke. And often do.

You sound a bit like my sister she used to eat the worms she dug up in our back garden…just plain weird

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I've eaten actual bugs, deep fried, in Asia. They were lovely. I also drank snake bile to win a bet with a Palace fan, but that's another story.

Deep fried locusts were very popular in Taiwan when I worked there in the late 80s as I remember. Couldn’t bring myself to eat them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

:lolol: the mental image i'm getting is just wrong......!!

Locusts , cockroaches , moreton bay bugs , deep fried chilli frog , crocodile , snake ....i'll have a go at anything but Battenburg cake , you can shove that...!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I found what looked like a finger in a jar of lloyd grossman once, got a few vouchers from sainsbury's

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FFS Co-op. Just got in, bought a reduced pizza on the way home from a shift. Opened it to find this little weevil-y thing mooching around. Definitely fell out of the sealed plastic pizza packet into the cardboard when I opened it. It's a veggie pizza, yeah it was reduced, but sod it I'm hungry. The co-op is bloody crap for food really though (I even paid for this rather than accept their help-yourself-we-never-approach-shoplifters Offer).

Have you ever refused to stop eating something just because it had a foreign body (dead or alive) in it? I ate a few maggots in India once by accident as I definitely had worms when I got home from backpacking, although I didn't see them at the time (stupidly ate some meat curries).

View attachment 150601

You've been rooming with Swanny again ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here