Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Things which are not currently criminal offences but which absolutely should be

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Parking in a disabled or 'Parent with child' space at Sainsburys, without being disabled or with child, because your car doors are SOOO much more important than anyone elses.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Every breath Katie Hopkins takes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They can't.

They're not supposed to 'get' anything for themselves. They're served it.

Pshhh. The server knows what they mean - they don't mean reaching over and grabbing it, but being given - it's the same as "have". That's splitting hairs for me. I know it's an Americanism and I don't use it myself, but have no problem with it. Can be filed into a huge list of quirks of the English language.

get
ɡɛt
verb
1.come to have (something); receive.
"I got a letter from him the other day"
synonyms: acquire, obtain, come by, come to have, come into possession of, receive, gain, earn, win, come into, come in for, take possession of, take receipt of, be given; More

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Going to a gig and viewing it entirely through the viewfinder on your phone.
Using a selfie stick.

Oh yes. I remember being at the Hay Festival about three years ago with Ed and Roz, and listening to a talk with Geoff Hurst, Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa. They were excellent, but we had to see so much of it through a viewfinder of the bloke three rows in front of us. He wouldn't stop even when we asked him.

Life with a minimum tariff of 25 years.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Fleecing money out of vulnerable/gullible people by professing to be able to communicate with the deceased.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Going to a gig and viewing it entirely through the viewfinder on your phone.
Using a selfie stick.

It's insane that anyone thinks this is acceptable to Facebook LIVE entire gigs. Record 10 seconds of your favourite song, fine. No point in doing more and you're ruining the experience for yourself and many others behind you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pshhh. The server knows what they mean - they don't mean reaching over and grabbing it, but being given - it's the same as "have". That's splitting hairs for me. I know it's an Americanism and I don't use it myself, but have no problem with it. Can be filed into a huge list of quirks of the English language.

It is NOT the same as 'have'. It's not only an 'Americanism', it's actually wrong.

And these people should be breaking rocks for it.

They're synonyms, but the perspective and context aren't taken into account. Not a great example you've given there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Talking at gigs.

FFS, listen at gigs, talk in the pub.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It's insane that anyone thinks this is acceptable to Facebook LIVE entire gigs. Record 10 seconds of your favourite song, fine. No point in doing more and you're ruining the experience for yourself and many others behind you.

Nothing that a well directed bottle of urine can't sort out...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is NOT the same as 'have'. It's not only an 'Americanism', it's actually wrong.

And these people should be breaking rocks for it.

I've literally just given you evidence from the Oxford English Dictionary. That's what you're arguing with, not me. It is perfectly acceptable to be used. Language evolves.

Dictionary definition of the word "get", line one;

Come to have; receive.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Saying "can I get" when ordering something in a deli / pub / whatever.

Anyone standing within the immediate vicinity of the offender should have the legal right to drag them from the premises by the hair, and beat them to death with their own shoes.
No it's worse.

Asking for regular size or saying "on brown" when you mean with brown bread.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Wearing Crocs shouldn't be a criminal offence unless socks are also being worn.

One of the guys in my team at work would be serving a long sentence if that was the case. He comes into work wearing a normal pair of trainers, then he CHANGES them for Crocs in the office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here