Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you bought that were a MASSIVE disappointment

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Alton Towers.... It's rubbish. Next!

On a local level - £3 each person for a ride on Palace Pier Dodgems..

Complete Swizz - they're really slow, and you get just over 2 minutes (and no way was i paying £4.50 PP to go on the roller coasters)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Australian Cadbury's products.

Don't taste right.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Membership to Dennis the Menace fan club.

Saved pocket money; sent off form and waited. And waited. And waited.

Eventually a creased crap joke book and a hairy gnasher badge arrived that was broken.

A very disappointed 11 year old.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
When my cassette deck broke I went to get a new one. Was told mini disc was the way forward. Bought deck, walkman and spent hours and hours transferring music onto mini discs by which time it was obsolete.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
When my cassette deck broke I went to get a new one. Was told mini disc was the way forward. Bought deck, walkman and spent hours and hours transferring music onto mini discs by which time it was obsolete.

So you're the other person that bought a mini disc ! I share your pain

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

So you're the other person that bought a mini disc ! I share your pain

Now there's three of us. We could form a gang.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
:nono: You CANNOT mean that.

I was excited to go. I'd been sold the DREAM.

"wow" I thought. "I'm really excited to see what they are raving about".

I basically queued up for a roast chicken and some uncle bens 2min microwaveable rice. It's what I eat for lunch every day for £2.

I could get it if people said "oh yeah. Nando's is ok. Worth a try". But I was going off people RAVING about the place.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was excited to go. I'd been sold the DREAM.

"wow" I thought. "I'm really excited to see what they are raving about".

I basically queued up for a roast chicken and some uncle bens 2min microwaveable rice. It's what I eat for lunch every day for £2.

I could get it if people said "oh yeah. Nando's is ok. Worth a try". But I was going off people RAVING about the place.

I agree that there's a 'culture' that's been built up around it, but I've genuinely never had a bad meal there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We're up to four - virtually a crowd!

err Five

Lps (not quite old enough to have started on 78s!) to cassettes (fortunately I avoided the 8 track revolution) to mini discs to CDs. At this stage I held out for a couple of years refusing to go onto to MP3 players but then went into it completely. I am now holding out against streamed music and sticking with my 160gb Ipod which is another argument altogether.

Mini discs were the shortest lived of any of the above format by some margin I believe?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Five!

Edit: six.

Me too. Bought it at Dixons in Churchill Square after going in to but a CD walkman. Was told by the guy it was worth the extra 70 quid and would be the next and only format for at least a decade. I think Virgin Megastore had a small section of Queen and U2 albums on MD for about 2 months, I recorded a few onto blanks and a few months later MP3 came out and I never looked at the blocky, brushed steel, Sony MiniDisc ever again. Nobody did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here