Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Things that annoy you about other clubs.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Its got to be Leicester at the top of the list for the goal music :mad:.

Southampton - Those really shallow goals at The Dell which the ball used to ping out of back onto the pitch. Really annoying.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Liverpool and Everton fans - booing the national anthem, lack of contrition over Heysel, starting the tragedy chanting (Munich) but then having a problem with it when done in their direction, believing themselves to be more important than the rest of the country (Scouse not English) and yet chanting ‘England’s #1‘ at Pickford (at the Amex) when you might think from everything else they say England didn’t matter.

That said I have met plenty of decent supporters of both clubs, so it is not irretrievable….!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing that annoys me the most is how fans can completely lose their sense of right and wrong as soon as a sheikh or Russian oligarch sniffs around their club.

As football fans we ALL know this is bad for the game to have people in charge that are laundering money and sports-washing, AND YET many turn a blind eye as soon as a takeover happens.

I'm thinking Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle in particular.

I'd like to think that Albion fans would protest if ever a sheikh or oligarch bid for our club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Arsenal - those massive flags they wave when they score.
Ah, that is unfair, the library, how else will they know when they score, at least if you spot the flag, you can nudge the fan next to you, so he can wake up and watch the reply on the big screen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Celtic & Rangers - sectarian dickheadism

arsenal playing a rapist in midfield for the whole season, hoping to skip the subject of morals if it meant they won something. You can criticise Man City and Man Utd for many things, but they immediately stepped their players down when allegations came to light - whereas Arsenal are a disgusting club who decided if they could do without him or not before making a moral decision.
To be fair to their fans though, they paid for and flew a banner protesting it - its the club that are hugely at fault and tarnished by association.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
arsenal playing a rapist in midfield for the whole season, hoping to skip the subject of morals if it meant they won something. You can criticise Man City and Man Utd for many things, but they immediately stepped their players down when allegations came to light - whereas Arsenal are a disgusting club who decided if they could do without him or not before making a moral decision.
To be fair to their fans though, they paid for and flew a banner protesting it - its the club that are hugely at fault and tarnished by association.
Pretty sure this post is a missing an 'alleged' or two...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Leeds . For fans seemingly inhabiting a different dimension with a different version of reality and repeatedly preaching their version to all bemused onlookers

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Shit like this:

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 17.02.29.png

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
How Newcastle seem to be allowed to be one of the only clubs where away fans are still put up int the clouds and not following the block of pitch side seats rule. Not only an unfair advantage over the clubs that are complying but a shit experience for travelling fans.

Man United for the whole entitled ‘glazers out’ nonsense when in reality the green and yellow scarves only come out if they are not winning when in reality we know all they really want is the oil money of city so they can go back to dominating again. Acting like some poorly treated fans as their owners have only pumped £800m into the squad.

Palace - where do we start……..

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
For me everything pales behind Liverpool's "this means more".

Everything about the arrogant, narrow-viewed blindness of such a ridiculous self-important and obviously false statement makes me rage-vomit every time I hear it. I can't even comprehend the level of entitlement it'd take to actually think that it's true.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Its got to be Leicester at the top of the list for the goal music :mad:.

Southampton - Those really shallow goals at The Dell which the ball used to ping out of back onto the pitch. Really annoying.
Good shout on the st marys nets. They used to have the same at White Hart Lane if you remember. Absolutely no satisfactory net rippling.

All clubs should be forced to have the nets from Italia 90. A truly golden era in net making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here