Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thicky mcthick here again re points

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's a metaphor for modern British society really. A bit like people owning houses with massively inflated values and leaving them to their undeserving kids, while the kids of those stuck in the rented sector never get on the housing ladder however hard they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:) bit dramatic !
Not having enough loyalty points to go to Chelsea and Man Utd because you didn't bother going to Reading and Preston is a bit of a first world problem.

el punal

The I'M ALRIGHT JACK post.
It was stated at the start of the season how certain fans would get first pick at the away tickets and once you are on the ladder we're climbing fast.
Suddenly I feel for certain fans, not too much, but enough. I did calculate my 260 pts had cost me roughly £10,000 over the years in home and away costs. And with a trip to Leicester & Watford done plus Barnet at home I can get the big games now.
But Arsenal means more points so I can get a West Ham ticket which will give me enough points for Man Utd which will give me enough for Spurs.
Those who are on 220 or so will never get on the ladder.
Thoughts.....

That old chestnut, demand outstripping supply. The club have probably introduced the fairest way to allocate tickets i.e. the more times you pay and watch the Albion the more likely you'll get first dibs on hard to get tickets. It is unfortunate though that many a fan will lose out if they are not a season ticket holder despite following the club long and loyally for years.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm certainly no uber fan, and usually only go to 5-8 aways a season. I'm in the top tier for Arsenal but was nowhere near the top tier for Bournemouth. However, I was on the ball the morning Bournemouth went on sale for the 2nd tier so was alright.

There are many hundreds of people ahead of me in the LP queue, which I'm fine with - they are deserving and I honestly wish I was them and could go to more away games.. But on the other hand, surely not every single person above me went to Leicester, Barnet, and will be going to Watford. So I'll be chipping away at the people above me who didn't make some of those games. That's the way it is. More you go the more you earn.

One day I'll be a superstar top tier supporter. When I'm 60 odd.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a metaphor for modern British society really. A bit like people owning houses with massively inflated values and leaving them to their undeserving kids, while the kids of those stuck in the rented sector never get on the housing ladder however hard they work.

Fair enough but there are people who chose to rent rather than save for mortgage and the consequence is they have nothing to pass down.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

How do the undeserving kids get the housing then?

I'm 58, my kids are in their thirties.
They aren't getting my house for a good few decades yet hopefully, by which time they'll have kids wanting housing as well.

Meanwhile they will also likely be in the rented sector for that time, and a 50% share of my home won't help them much when they are in their fifties with their kids also in.the rented sector.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here