Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May set to become the first Sussex born PM for 273 years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It didn't take long for the gender-specific insults to appear. As someone else said, thank goodness she's not also Jewish. I can just imagine what some people would call her.

... or Muslim.

But quite right, these insults are deplorable. Decry her politics but "witch, hag and bitch" have no place in any reasonable discourse

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So, according to the government website, he was born in two different places.

Schrödinger's PM

Going by earlier contributions to this thread it's more like Heisenberg's Uncertainty PM. You can accurately know where he was born or when he was born but not both.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
... or Muslim.

But quite right, these insults are deplorable. Decry her politics but "witch, hag and bitch" have no place in any reasonable discourse

Oh so sorry I'll go for all the politically correct insults! Typically right on Brighton for someone to bring up the phrase "gender specific insults". I think Cameron is a lying dickhead, I guess that's unacceptable as well what with it being gender specific. What about calling her a tw4t? Where do I stand on that one, is that gender specific or is it ok given you can use it to insult men also? Ooh its a veritable minefield isn't it?

I happen to think Hag is a perfectly apt description of her given it matches her personality perfectly - 'An ugly old woman especially a vicious or malicious one'.

If you could post a list of non gender specific insults that are acceptable that would be most kind.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
May is pro-hunting, voted for the Iraq war and military intervention in Syria, one of the architects of the bedroom tax, against raising welfare benefits in line with inflation, a supporter of lowering the top rate of tax...

There's plenty to throw at that vile woman.

well 50% is halfway to being decent, so theres hope.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So, according to the government website, he was born in two different places.

Schrödinger's PM
Going by earlier contributions to this thread it's more like Heisenberg's Uncertainty PM. You can accurately know where he was born or when he was born but not both.

same thing, the Schrödinger was making a thought experiment to show the absurdity of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle (along with the rest of the Copenhagen Interpretation). just an interlude.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've just woken up and I'm reading about Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle already. Thanks, NSC.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does she support Brighton, might get few Doom Gloomers back on board.
She's always supported Sheffield Wednesday. Sorry, I mean Brighton & Hove Albion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The trouble will really kick off once those folk who voted for Brexit discover that she has no intention of expelling the East Europeans already settled in the UK. That is why most of them voted out.

Unfair.

(Some voted to get rid of the Muslims)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've just woken up and I'm reading about Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle already. Thanks, NSC.

Shows what an uneducated idiot I am - I'd never heard of it so Googled it - my mind is now shattered.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The trouble will really kick off once those folk who voted for Brexit discover that she has no intention of expelling the East Europeans already settled in the UK. That is why most of them voted out.
Have yo spoken to most of the people who voted for Brexit then? I voted out, like a lot of people I know did, and out of about 20 people I know, only one wanted all those already here kicked out, and no one listens to him anyway.

I think the vast majority (and notice I said think) voted out for two reasons. One they want democracy and have the ability to vote in or out who rules us (and before you start the house of Lords needs to go), but the main reason was to stop the flood of immigrants coming to the UK. I don't think many voted with the intention of kicking out those who have been settled here for years, certainly not "most" as you like to point out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do you know that's why most of them voted out?

According to this, most voted leave because they think the principle decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK:

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Leave-vs-Remain-podium-rankings.jpg
http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Typically right on Brighton for someone to bring up the phrase "gender specific insults".

Happy to be corrected, but this is probably the first time on NSC that Buzzer's ever been described as 'typically right on Brighton'.

I'd imagine he'll be quite amused with that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Aren't they one and the same?

Talk about over-analysing!

Yes but Schrodinger's Cat dealt with being in two states at one time (Gwylan's comment about the dead PM being born in two places), Heisenberg's Principle is about not being able to measure accurately both place and time in the same observation - and I thought that was more relevant seeing as we had two different times for the last Sussex born MP and two different birth places for him.

Who'd have thunk a thread about Sussex-born PMs would have turned into a discussion about quantum mechanics!?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Talk about over-analysing!

Bloody hell, that's 2 days in a row an ironic (and in this case what I thought was a rather clever but subtle allusion to simultaneous states) joke I've posted has been taken literally!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here