glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
blimey Attila you must be reading my mind
will say that you cannot stop turkey's voting for Christmas though
and I have met a few
while in Wales working class voting for the tories
while in hospital listening to people in beds in the corridors saying how wonderful the tories are keeping the NHS
there will always be those turkey's voting for Christmas

JC is just laying the way for someone ..................................but who?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Corbyn has an air of last season's Ranieri about him. Only difference is Ranieri *just* had the entire corporate establishment to take on with a massively smaller budget and zero expectations - he didn't also have stories in the Sun and Mail every day saying that he was a dangerous baby-guzzling lunatic and that it was your patriotic duty to support one of the 'top five' 'cos they'd be more successful in Europe!

But that isn't the only difference, is it? Ranieri had an impossible dream which all Leicester supporters, and almost everybody else (apart from Spurs fans) bought into, supported and cheered all the way home. Corbyn, on the other hand, has an impossible dream which all Labour supporters.................................oh, hang on a minute just there...............

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
blimey Attila you must be reading my mind
will say that you cannot stop turkey's voting for Christmas though
and I have met a few
while in Wales working class voting for the tories
while in hospital listening to people in beds in the corridors saying how wonderful the tories are keeping the NHS
there will always be those turkey's voting for Christmas

JC is just laying the way for someone ..................................but who?

Surely this should tell you something. And those wretched turkeys will be voting for Corbyn -is this what you meant?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
and 'improve our hand in Brexit negotiations'

I knew there were three. Forgot the last one. Ta. Apparently, some Australian bloke comes up with these. He did it for Cameron too. Remember the "Long-Term Economic Plan"?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Surely this should tell you something. And those wretched turkeys will be voting for Corbyn -is this what you meant?

I meant exactly what I said
Wales, some working class voting tory after that party ruined the industry that kept them going ......it was not that long ago,surely

I wouldn't trust Corbyn to run a bath! :shrug:

And you'd trust May? Just take a look at the shambles of a campaign her "strong and stable leadership" is delivering. How deluded can you get?

And, if someone can explain exactly how a vote for the Tory party will strengthen Britain's position in the Brexit negotiations, I'd be very grateful. All she is doing is strengthening the hand of the EU.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
And you'd trust May? Just take a look at the shambles of a campaign her "strong and stable leadership" is delivering. How deluded can you get?

And, if someone can explain exactly how a vote for the Tory party will strengthen Britain's position in the Brexit negotiations, I'd be very grateful. All she is doing is strengthening the hand of the EU.

I didn't say I would trust May but you sound like you trust Corbyn and his cronies, and could someone explain how a vote for Labour will strengthen Britain's position in the Brexit negotiations. :shrug:

I didn't say I would trust May but you sound like you trust Corbyn and his cronies, and could someone explain how a vote for Labour will strengthen Britain's position in the Brexit negotiations. :shrug:
For a start, Labour's negotiators wouldn't accept a conclusion that No Deal is an acceptable outcome.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There is every reason not to vote for the Tories, and every reason to vote for labour, they are running on a great platform. But it is as clear as anything that people won't vote for Corbyn or his front bench team, and who can blame them, I wouldn't want to see the shambles that they would bring to government. But their policies are good, and this Tory lot give me the shivers. I certainly could never vote for them, to know that I had enabled the kind of government they want to bring. So it'll be libdems, but at least I live in a constituency where they have an excellent chance of winning

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Corbyn is a man who has stuck to his principles since his early career, May shops and changes her views depending on which is popular at the time.

He has stuck to a small number of core beliefs throughout his career - correct. However, in terms of his and Labour's recent policy efforts it has been quite difficult to know where he and they actually stand - the EU, trident, policing and spending in particular - all issues where there has been confusion and changing views.

Granted that same charge could be leveled at most politicians and parties, but it just seems a bit more evident with Labour and JC at the moment in my view.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Corbyn is a man who has stuck to his principles since his early career, May shops and changes her views depending on which is popular at the time.

Really? He appeals for party unity and yet his record on voting against previous labour governments runs in the hundreds. And don't forget the ill-fated train journey which quite clearly shows that he is no better than most politicians despite what apologists like you want to believe.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For a start, Labour's negotiators wouldn't accept a conclusion that No Deal is an acceptable outcome.

..at any cost Ed?

This is all speculation on both sides of the argument. No-one knows what our position is and no-one knows what the EU's position is. They haven't even sat down together to spit at each other yet.

Even the term " hard and soft" Brexit is totally meaningless.

I find it ironic that people voted to get out of Europe because of all the "immigrants" over here making it impossible to get into schools, hospitals, doctors when there is now the clamour for all these "immigrants" to be given residency rights ( as there should be), however if this was a main driver for people in Lincolnshire and other parts of the country, Labour have shot themselves in the foot by saying that everyone can stay here, come what may....of course no-one has any idea if the EU will turn around and say..."ok then as you let our guys stay, yours can too" what if they say, " ok you are letting our citizens stay in the UK, BUT your citizens can all go and **** off home"

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
So it'll be libdems, but at least I live in a constituency where they have an excellent chance of winning

The LibDems have a candidate running in Kalimantan? Has no one at party HQ looked at an atlas?

Dec 29, 2011
Really? He appeals for party unity and yet his record on voting against previous labour governments runs in the hundreds. And don't forget the ill-fated train journey which quite clearly shows that he is no better than most politicians despite what apologists like you want to believe.

I think voting against your own party is proof of a man sticking to his principles. The labour party has swung relatively left and right since he became an MP, it's unlikely he will have agreed with every stand they've taken. He's voted against them - the exact definition of sticking to your principles.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
now do I dislike the tories more than I like voting Labour Hmmmmmmm?
in Eastbourne its liberal democrat then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here