Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There’s something about Glenn Murray...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, which is why I made sure to include that comment about all strikers missing chances!

No, they aren't all down to Murray, and I never said they were. To be honest, I probably could have said more, but was getting frustrated with writing the post (I keep getting an unresponsive thing on NSC today). Something I had intended to mention more explicitly but didn't get round to before posting is that part of the club's problem has been when Murray has had his barren spells (as all strikers get), we haven't had an alternative that could provide something else.

I personally think Hemed could have provided more goals if he was given more of a chance, but he wasn't. I'd like to think Locadia could, but he hasn't been used much (yet!). After Hemed's suspension most of his starts were against big teams like Chelsea and Tottenham, and he was given one start and then Murray was back. Locadia has been starting on the wing (and not always on his favoured side).

But if we're going to persist with one up front, we'll need an alternative. Someone to step in when that barren spell hits. Murray would be good in the role (or even as third alternative if we do really well in the transfer market this summer.

I agree we need an alternative to Murray and I don't think Ulloa is the one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here