[NSC] There's no place like NSC.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
We should get together for a curry night sometime

Great idea.

Has there been any NSC meat ups over the years since the famous gathering at the Trafalgar which must be about 20 years ago now.

Wasn't there a lady (you okay hun lol) that tried to organise a curry night some years back and it turned into a binfest and she flounced off and set up her own forum?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Great idea.

Has there been any NSC meat ups over the years since the famous gathering at the Trafalgar which must be about 20 years ago now.

Wasn't there a lady (you okay hun lol) that tried to organise a curry night some years back and it turned into a binfest and she flounced off and set up her own forum?

Wonder how that worked out lol?

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Great post OP! I have been a member on here for a way shorter amount of time than other members, but must say it has become important in my life in the sense of not only discussing Albion obviously, but just discussing other life related topics also. Their are arguments and disagreements just like you would find among any group or people who interact with one another online or offline for that matter, but good vibes in here for the most part and a good place to read some insightful opinions and feel like a real community.

I have learned to appreciate other people's views points as well, even if I don't neccessarily agree with them. As i have said before: A message board is supposed to have differing opinions on topics, otherwise what is the point? Just be a bunch of people patting each other on the back.

Lastly, if any on here do come over to the US anytime soon or more strictly visit NC, just let me know! My guest room is yours to use. Just be informed I tend to play either some Iron Maiden or Dio nightly so I hope that wouldn't be an issue.:cool:

Just want to express thanks and appreciation to all the mods, especially Bozza and all of the posters here, well most of them. NSC has been a godsend for my mental health over the last few years, broaching immensely different topics from gardening, to photography, health to movies, music and TV and practically every topic under the sun. United always by our obsessive love for the Albion, this site has provided just the right distraction through the last few difficult years where we've navigated amongst other things, Brexit, COVID, the Russian invasion of Ukraine and now losing our most successful manager of all time. Yes, I may have had several large glasses of wine followed by a rather large whisky, but I have honestly learnt so much here and formed so many ideas and been changed by the thoughts of the individuals here. I honestly think that my life would have been much less enjoyable had I not been a Brighton fan, and a large part of that has been enhanced by all of you. So thanks!

Fancy a dace? Merge to the electronic music thread!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Great idea.

There you go, not even considering plant-based alternatives, tsk.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I don't remember that but there was one on 29 November 2003 after we beat Wrexham (I remember it well as it was my birthday and I was only there for an hour before going out for a meal). I don't remember any other, although we had the 40 Notes quiz nights which were like NSC meet-ups.

It would be good to have another

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just want to express thanks and appreciation to all the mods, especially Bozza and all of the posters here, well most of them. NSC has been a godsend for my mental health over the last few years, broaching immensely different topics from gardening, to photography, health to movies, music and TV and practically every topic under the sun. United always by our obsessive love for the Albion, this site has provided just the right distraction through the last few difficult years where we've navigated amongst other things, Brexit, COVID, the Russian invasion of Ukraine and now losing our most successful manager of all time. Yes, I may have had several large glasses of wine followed by a rather large whisky, but I have honestly learnt so much here and formed so many ideas and been changed by the thoughts of the individuals here. I honestly think that my life would have been much less enjoyable had I not been a Brighton fan, and a large part of that has been enhanced by all of you. So thanks!

It is a force for good in the main, I know I piss a few people off on here, but that's far outweighed by the help and support, and dare I say it love I've received from Albion fans during various struggles and issues.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It is a force for good in the main, I know I piss a few people people off on here, but that's far outweighed by the help and support, and dare I say it love I've received from Albion fans during various struggles and issues.

😂….

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I miss some of the old posters that got permanently banned from here for spoutng far less bile than some still here. Watford O (Gahn Dahn) but has come back in various reincarnations, Looney (Scoutmaster and master insult generator) NMH (Gods gift to Scandinavian women, he reckoned) to name but a few.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It really is a great forum - so sad that we have lost over the past few years a number of long time posters - some with whom we empathised about our lack of a left back, some highly intelligent - without whose input The Amex would not have happened. Some funny, some not so. Some who have just drifted away.

It's a melting pot of thoughts and ideas, somewhere where you can spout complete drivel - yet someone will actually agree with you - and as the original poster and Lenny says somewhere where you can open up about pretty much anything.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports