Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just driven home from Brighton Marina. No real queue at Asda (wasn’t this morning either) but did seem to be open (heard they were only opening overnight), Woodingdean, Pyecombe BP and Texaco both open and very little queue, same at Shell Hickstead. Things do seem to be calming down.

D

Deleted member 22389

I can’t understand it either. Filled up both cars in the last 24 hours with no queuing (again). There must be some reason East Sussex keeps running out of fuel. How can it be supply when most of the rest of the country doesn’t seem to have a problem. Around here there were only issues for a couple of days max.

Too many bloody cars, it was bound to happen. You fill up East Sussex without thousands of new build homes, whilst losing lots of smaller petrol stations over the years.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Sainsbury Worthing has been normal hours for a few days now, worth checking if passing that way?
Went to Sainsbury's Lyons Farm last night and the petrol station was closed at 7pm.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
BP on Hove seafront was open this morning with fuel, and no queues. Seemed back to normal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have to go to Chichester in the morning and have enough to get there and back. Having spoken to work colleagues who drive in every day, its only Brighton and Hove that seem to still have a shortage as their journeys pass a number of garages in Sussex that are now operating normally. With this in mind i'm hoping to find somewhere tomorrow I can fill up. Sainsburys in West Hove is open nights, but i'm not filled with glee to head out at 10pm, or before 6am(when it closes) but apparently normal hours will be resumed from Sunday

Reckon you'll be fine - only just now I observed...

Jet petrol station just off the A24/A27 roundabout by Durrington cemetery (turn right at the roundabout, it's a few hundred yards up on your right) with all fuel grades and no queues, and

Esso petrol station on the A27 as you're exiting Worthing, also with all fuel grades and no queues.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have to go to Chichester in the morning and have enough to get there and back. Having spoken to work colleagues who drive in every day, its only Brighton and Hove that seem to still have a shortage as their journeys pass a number of garages in Sussex that are now operating normally. With this in mind i'm hoping to find somewhere tomorrow I can fill up. Sainsburys in West Hove is open nights, but i'm not filled with glee to head out at 10pm, or before 6am(when it closes) but apparently normal hours will be resumed from Sunday

Yeah as others have said just Supermarket hop until you hit one.

Sainos - Hove
Tesco - Holmbush
Sainos - Worthing
ASDA - Ferring.
Tesco - Littlehampton.
Sainos & Tesco - opposite each other Bognor.

TBH I'd be amazed if you even need to get as far as Ferring, where I filled up today no queue, at 8am.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hangleton Texaco hasn't had fuel every time I've gone past it the entire week. Don't know if Hangleton is dickhead panic buy central but it seems permanently out of fuel

They were open Wednesday during the day with very small queues.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Reckon you'll be fine - only just now I observed...

Jet petrol station just off the A24/A27 roundabout by Durrington cemetery (turn right at the roundabout, it's a few hundred yards up on your right) with all fuel grades and no queues, and

Esso petrol station on the A27 as you're exiting Worthing, also with all fuel grades and no queues.

Sainsbury’s in Hove changed their opening hours last night, and it was empty when I went in at 7.15 this morning. All sorted at my first port of call. I’m not sure what all the fuss was about…..

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No queues at either Storrington Petrol station this morning, in fact no-one at all in the Costco - panic over?

I’ve noticed all week when I’ve passed Asda marina they’ve been open for fuel having gone by three times or so, however Texaco in Peacehaven has remained shut the majority of the time.

Still seems hit and miss but people need to calm now for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My 'local' is the one that was on the news at the beginning of all this and at last has a supply. Standard mini queue but my resolve was tested by being blocked in at the pump by two selfish kunnt shoppers. The one in front didn't even offer an apologetic look as she heaved her overfull bag into her car. I was kept waiting quite a while and the knock on was more than necessary queuing cars that would have given a false impression.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Driven past loads of petrol stations today on trips from B Hill to north of Guildford and from there to Lewes afterwards. Vast majority seemed to be open and virtually no queues anywhere.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Just been to fill up at ASDA Ferring, all fuel - no queues. Also the small station at the bottom of goring bridge has no queue - but also no unleaded.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sorry not Cost Co, its Pricewatch with Power Fuels.

When talking to their staff, Power Fuels drivers are directly employed, not Hoyer, there was never an issue about deliveries, a tanker was coming in every two days.

When they got really busy last week a tanker was coming in every day!

As mentioned, no queues (I went in for a Sunday Paper not fuel), all petrol & diesel pumps available.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry not Cost Co, its Pricewatch with Power Fuels.

When talking to their staff, Power Fuels drivers are directly employed, not Hoyer, there was never an issue about deliveries, a tanker was coming in every two days.

When they got really busy last week a tanker was coming in every day!

As mentioned, no queues (I went in for a Sunday Paper not fuel), all petrol & diesel pumps available.

They have their own fleet of tankers judging by the ones I’ve seen around Storrington and Pulborough

Jul 7, 2003
Just been to fill up at ASDA Ferring, all fuel - no queues. Also the small station at the bottom of goring bridge has no queue - but also no unleaded.

That one usually has it's delivery on a Monday morning so should be okay again by lunchtime tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here